Our client a large financial services organization, currently looking to recruit a Business Analyst to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa, reporting to the Head of Info Systems & Analytics. The incumbent will be responsible for mapping out the business requirements, giving the spec to the developers and assist in redesigning of system processes.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop wireframes; workflow and process flow diagrams
- Recognize and be able to explain the value of solving specific business problems.
- Investigate practical solutions to business problems and have these implemented.
- Critically analyse existing processes
- Liaise with developers to ensure that results are delivered within deadlines and consistent with specifications.
- Proactively communicate with project manager to ensure that all requirements are understood.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement of processes
- Work with the testing department to ensure that the deliverable cover all aspects of the business requirements and are free from bugs.
- Identify issues and risks and communicate these to stakeholders.
- Perform analysis to troubleshoot bugs and other issues and escalate these to developers so that these are resolved in a timely manner.
- Be able to estimate the amount of work required for tasks.
- Take part in the planning and prioritization of new functionality and enhancements with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that system data is up to date.
- Develop training materials and conduct user training.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Systems / Software Development / Systems/Data Analysis / IT / Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst, with IT Experience
- Business analysis certification (advantage).
- Experience in the Financial Services industry (advantageous)