Reference Number: JOK
Position of Principal Material & Corrosion (M&C) engineer requires experience in both FEED and detailed engineering design of Onshore/ Offshore Oil & Gas facilities; mainly involving Upstream, Midstream, Gas Processing, Petroleum Refineries etc. The role involves extensive knowledge of Corrosion Modelling and Simulations, specialized Corrosion Studies, material selection for Process Facilities (piping, equipment and pipelines) and associated utilities, development of MSDs & Corrosion Loops, including proven experience in specific process units, packaged units, modular designs etc. for a wide range of projects, starting from the FEED phase, continuing to bid stage and detail engineering and including post start-up assistance during the warranty period. The role also includes initiating and guiding in-house development activities involving guidelines / procedures to strengthen discipline capabilities and undertaking troubleshooting activities during various phases of project.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Reports to Head of Discipline / Engineering Manager (Process & Safety) and works under his overall supervision.
- Coordinates with Project Engineering Manager assigned to the Project. Co-ordinates with Project Manager, Clients, other Discipline Engineers, Consultants, Vendors, etc. as required.
- During FEED Stage develop material selection options and implement corrosion control measures to FEED process flow schemes, proposing solutions for material optimization; undertake corrosion studies required for FEED stage including adequacy checks and fitness for service if required for project; providing discipline inputs to Project Engineering Manager for EPC scope of work.
- During tendering stage, reviews enquiry documentation from client together with Scope of Work; raises technical clarifications / queries where there is lack of clarity, interfaces with other disciplines to ensure integration of activities and finally provide M&C discipline inputs, both technical & commercial, during bid preparation.
- On award of project, responsible for complete M&C design and engineering works on a project, including undertaking of various materials / corrosion / inspection related studies, final optimization, completeness and correctness of design; cost control considerations, man-hours control and providing guidance and training to the Process Engineers working on the Project.
- Develops Scope of Work for Sub contractors related to M&C works as per Project requirements.
- Develops M&C discipline Design Philosophies and Specifications based on scope of work, Bid documents, subsequent client's clarifications and etc.
- Reviews / Performs Corrosion Modelling and guides M&C Engineers to gather necessary data and perform Corrosion Simulations.
- Guides / Reviews the M&C Engineer’s works such as, implementation of corrosion calculations results , material selection , corrosion control design , preparation of MSD’s & Dead Leg Registers , preparation of corrosion control strategies/ plans etc.
- Evaluates Vendor offers for Process Packages / Equipment, as well as Consultant offers on Specialized Material/ Corrosion/ Inspection Engineering Studies etc. Raises technical queries, discussions with Vendors / Consultants, prepare / provide process inputs for Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) and finally reviews vendor documentation etc.
- Plans Workshops for specialized Third-Party Studies, provide required M&C discipline inputs and follow-up for implementation in Project design of Study recommendations.
- Participates in HAZOP studies, provides M&C inputs as required. Provide technical responses to close necessary HAZOP actions.
- Reviews equipment layouts / review the 3D model / provide guidance to M&C engineers to collect necessary inputs from Piping discipline/ develop Dead Leg Registers.
- Participates in design reviews and 3D model reviews. Provide technical responses to close the necessary 3D Model nodes.
- Reviews / Prepares Corrosion Control Manuals, and RBI Procedures.
- Provides discipline support during commissioning and performance run as required.
- Receives “as built” information from the Project Management Team, reviews content and, if satisfied, passes to drafting for production of drawings.
- Provide support / expertise to requests from Project Management Team in case of incidents involving material failure and participate to Root Cause Analysis investigations, if required.
- Develops design guidelines, design procedures, Spread Sheets and/or standalone software program to simplify / automate M&C works.
- Provides input for the development of the Planning Package and project progress reporting. Monitors and Controls man-hours to ensure that the job is finished within budgeted man-hours.
- B.Sc. / B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Material Science from a reputed institute.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Onshore/ Offshore Oil and Gas plants, Upstream & Midstream, Gas Processing, Petroleum Refineries Design and Engineering, out of which minimum 6 years should be in LDE role.
- Experience in material selection and corrosion control and design of general process equipment, such as separators, scrubbers, pumps, compressors, etc. and utilities such as Instrument Air, Nitrogen, Fuel Gas, Chemical injection, etc.
- Experience in engineering, material design and corrosion management of process facilities involving gas treatment units, water treatment units, De-salters, Fired Heaters, Heat Exchangers, Columns, etc.
- Proven experience in material design and corrosion control of onshore/ offshore multi-phase pipelines including Launcher / Receiver facilities is required.
- Knowledge and expertise in using latest version of corrosion modelling simulation software Electronic Corrosion Engineer software (ECE) is essential.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.