Reference Number: JOK
Potential candidates at this level are responsible for independently working on Concept design, FEED and EPC activities which involves sizing and selection of equipment, cost analysis, engineering, development of deliverables, co-ordination of activities, attendance at client meetings and the preparation or checking of all project documentation are part of the responsibilities. They are also responsible for planning and allocating tasks for the Engineering and Drafting teams with emphasis on Team Management. Together with Management responsibilities technical expertise is mandatory for this position as it involves providing high level of consultancy and expertise to the team including selection of Type of Equipment suitable for the application.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Include Conceptualizing the Design / Selection of Package Equipment.
- Include Preparation and/or provide inputs to Concept study reports
- Include Selection of Type of Equipment & Sizing of the Equipment as applicable
- Compare and analyses costs with respect to CAPEX and OPEX.
- Reviews Scope of Work to assess manpower requirements, gain approval for securing of necessary resources.
- Propose execution strategy to engineering task and project associated tasks.
- Plans and allocates various tasks to the Engineering and Drafting teams and supervises and directs progress to ensure timely completion within approved manpower budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Attends project kick off meeting to gain appreciation and understanding of project and to provide Engineering input.
- Checks all project drawings, documentation, calculations, the PR, technical evaluations, and manpower estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Co-ordinates activities under own responsibility with other disciplines to ensure effective progress and avoid duplication of effort.
- Collects inputs on queries, reviews them, and passes to the Project Engineering Manager for resolution.
- Attends project progress/technical client meetings to report on activities and has some direct client contact for the resolution of problems.
- Attends design review meetings to provide advice and expertise on Engineering aspects.
- Co-ordinates the various Engineering inputs for consideration in project bid preparation.
- Ensures all necessary completion action is taken upon project completion.
- Provides expert level Technical advice and consultancy to the team
- B.Sc. in Engineering, preferably M.Sc. in Mechanical
- A minimum of 15 year’s Engineering experience in oil and gas industry with CONCEPT, FEED and EPC Experience in the field of: o Pumps, Process gas compressors, Turbo-drives and Gas turbine generators o Upstream & Mid-stream oil & gas design facilities, including: separation, oil, gas & water conditioning processes and associated equipment. o Ancillary facilities and equipment associated with oil and gas industry.
- Hands on Work experience in Concept design and FEED projects of moderate sizes involving Process / Utility Pumps and Process compressors.
- Proven supervisory track record, preferably a certification level of IPMA or PMA.
- Well-developed planning and organizing skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Hands on Work experience in Concept design and FEED projects
- Conversant with latest developments in the field.
- Thorough understanding of specific Engineering disciplines:
o Instrumentation and control.
- Knowledge of Engineering software associated with office & planning tools.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills covering:
o Hydraulic processes and equipments, rotodynamic and positive displacement pumps with their associated equipment (seals, drivers, controls);
o Thermodynamic processes, gas compression and conditioning, rotodynamic and positive displacement compressors and associated equipment (drivers, seals, controls).
o Stress, Strain, and mechanical vibration analysis on oil & gas equipment.
o Lifting equipment used in oil & gas industry.
o Drivers and their characteristics.
o Good knowledge of upstream oil & gas applied processes, including separation, gas conditioning, water disposal, etc. equipment selection and integration.
o Should be fully conversant with International Codes & Standards, like API, ASME, European Standards, British Standards… etc. and should be competent to Guide his teammates within the Discipline and ensure that all work performed within their discipline is in accordance with good engineering practice, applicable design codes and guidelines, and COMPANY requirements.
o Should be fully conversant with Area Classification Requirements including Hazardous Area Requirements,
o Requirements of Packing, Preservation and Painting with Respect to Offshore / Marine Environment Requirements.
o All work performed within their discipline is in accordance with HSE and quality management requirements at all times o Participation in Lessons Learnt, Value Engineering, ENVID, HAZID, HAZOP and SIL review workshops
o Must be Aware of CAPEX and OPEX considerations.
o Participation in technical audits / quality audits by CONTRACTOR / COMPANY.
o Co-ordination and review of Third-Party Studies (As applicable) o Raises EQs, RFIs and Change documentation
- Good Communication and presentation skills.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Excellent knowledge on Project Management.
- Capabilities of preparing Engineering Project Execution Plan.
- Proven skills in monitoring project progress and advise on strategies required to be adopted in different project phase.
- Capable of identifying and addressing project interfaces.
- Knowledge of Equipment packaging/ Modularization, skid design and equipment support
- Experience in FAT attendance and punch points closeout
- Proven teamwork skills with respect to human resources motivational techniques