Reference Number: JOK
This position requires experience in Concept, Select and Front-End Engineering Design of Oil & Gas facilities; mainly involving Upstream, Midstream, and Gas Processing. Experience in downstream industry such as Refineries, Petrochemicals will be an added advantage. The role involves in-depth knowledge of Process Engineering Simulation – Steady State and Dynamic including Well-fluid Characterization, HYSYS Modelling of complete process facilities, and HYSYS Dynamic Simulation of overall process facilities. The candidate is expected to have experience in and be well versed with Oil and Gas processing facilities especially the design activities during Concept, Select and FEED stages. Knowledge of international codes & standards is desirable. The role also includes initiating and guiding in-house development activities involving guidelines / procedures to strengthen discipline capabilities and undertaking troubleshooting activities during various phases of project.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Reports to Head of Discipline / Engineering Manager (Process & Safety) and works under his overall supervision.
- The role requires strong analytical skills combined with proven experience and knowledge of Steady state and dynamic process simulations as applicable to Upstream and Midstream Process facilities. Experience in downstream industry, Pipeline hydraulics, flow assurance, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Coordinates with Project Engineering Manager assigned to the Project and with Project Manager, Clients, other Discipline Engineers, Consultants, Vendors, etc. as required.
- During tendering stage, reviews enquiry documentation from client together with Scope of Work; raises technical clarifications / queries where there is lack of clarity, interfaces with other disciplines to ensure integration of activities and finally provide Process inputs during bid preparation.
- On award of project, responsible for complete Process Design and Engineering works on a project, including optimization and correctness of design; cost considerations, man-hours control and providing guidance and training to the Process Engineers working on the Project.
- Develops Scope of Work for Sub contractors related to Process works as per Project requirements.
- Develops Process Design Basis and Design Philosophies based on scope of work, bid documents, subsequent client's clarifications and site visit etc.
- Reviews / Performs Process Simulations and Guides Process Engineers to perform Process Simulations and develop Heat & Mass Balance as required.
- Guides / Reviews the Process Engineer’s works such as Equipment / Instrument sizing, Process calculations, Pipeline hydraulics, Blow down calculations, preparation of PFDs & P&IDs, Equipment / Package / Instrument data sheets preparation etc.
- Evaluates Vendor / Consultant offers for Process Packages / Equipment, Specialized Process Engineering Studies etc. Raises technical queries, discussions with Vendors / Consultants, prepare / provide process inputs for Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) and finally reviews vendor documentation etc.
- Plans HAZOP study, provide required process inputs and close out HAZOP study recommendations.
- Participates in HAZID, SIL and other safety studies, provides process inputs as required.
- Reviews equipment layouts participates in design reviews and 3D model reviews.
- Reviews / Prepares Operating Manual, Operating Philosophies and Operating Procedures.
- Prepares performance guarantee procedure and provides support during commissioning and performance run as required.
- Receives “as built” information from the Project Management Team, reviews content and, if satisfied, passes to drafting for production of drawings.
- Develops design guidelines, design procedures, Spread Sheets and/or standalone software program to simplify / automate Process works. Provides input for the development of the Planning Package and project progress reporting. Monitors and Controls man-hours to ensure that the job is finished within budgeted manhours.
- B.Sc. / B.E. in Chemical Engineering from a reputed institute.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas plants, Upstream & Midstream, Gas Processing, Petroleum Refineries Design and Engineering, out of which minimum 6 years should be in LDE role during Concept, FEED and Engineering stages.
- Experience of leading engineering work in mega size FEED / EPC projects. Proven supervisory track record in major projects and management potential.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.