A development finance institution is seeking an Investment Manager who will be accountable for creating sustainable impact through serving entrepreneurs in the SME sector with risk capital and business support and achieve financial and impact returns on their transactions.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Identify, develop and maintain deal referral networks
- Identify prospect needs and effectively sell company value offering to fulfil these needs
- Screen applications efficiently, applying the company Viability Model and the investment strategy and policy framework.
- Analyse and thoroughly verify and cross reference key assumptions underpinning the business plan. Build the financial model and conduct a proper risk assessment. Maintain verification records
- Structure viable transactions in line with the company’s investment and pricing policy and product parameters.
- Draft high quality, focused and concise screening and finance reports that allow for efficient decision making within agreed time frames.
- Restructure transactions that are viable and hand over those that are no longer viable
- Manage collateral and insurance policies on a quarterly basis and record results
- Support the client in developing and implementing a robust business plan, financial plan and risk assessment and mitigation plan.
- Support implementation of a financial management system that produces monthly management accounts
- Meet each client monthly and track performance of portfolio companies against the business financial plan. Identify any negative trends and deviations from the client’s operational and financial plan.
- Conduct a quarterly, formal portfolio visit and record the results
- Facilitate business linkages. Provide access to markets and business opportunities. Maintain a network of SME service providers.
- Follow up on all repayments due and make suitable arrangements to address potential arrears
- Keep abreast of all government legislations and regulatory requirements which may affect the operations of the portfolio companies
- Clearly communicate the value offering to clients and educate clients on the target market and risk appetite of the relevant fund and act as a trusted advisor and soundboard to the entrepreneur
- Share success, knowledge and experience among the team and the wider network
- 3 - 7 years of a demonstrated track record in investing or financing SMEs
- Advanced degree required. An MBA is preferred, as well as CFA or ACCA.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent credit management skills
- Excellent deal origination skills and a well-developed network with the local SME business and finance community.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global | firstname.lastname@example.org
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for future opportunities.