Mechanical Draftsman/Woman (Draughting / Drafting / Mining / Design) - Botswana
A Francistown based Engineering Company requires the services of a skilled and dynamic Mechanical Draughtsman, with at least six years of experience in a design office.
425 2313 CM
Responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of machinery and utility vehicles used in mining.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop detailed designs for modified utility vehicles & provide details on component descriptions.
- Resolve design problems, review and analyze specifications.
- Draft technical details, specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically.
- Prepare variations of design.
- Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
- A formal qualification in Mechanical Design Draughting from an approved College & at least 6 years post graduate experience. As well as a valid Class B driver’s license & passport and be willing to travel outside Botswana.
- Experience in the design of vehicle Electrical systems & advanced Hydraulic systems, estimating, extracting Bills of Materials from drawings & drawing Office Management and Quality systems.
- Knowledge of welding & welding procedures, design techniques, tools & principals used in Production/Fabrication.
- Thorough knowledge of International drawing standards including Drawing layouts o Welding symbols, Surface finish symbols
- Thorough understanding of machining, milling & turning tolerances, machine surface finishes & knowledge of & use of steel coatings.
- Estimating costs based on Bills of Materials & must be well versed in the compilation of technical documents such as Operational Manuals, Risk Assessments, and Spare Parts Manuals.
- Experience with Autodesk Products such as:
- Inventor Fusion.
- Inventor Finite Element Analysis.
- AutoCAD Mechanical.
- Product Design Suite.
- Microsoft office including PowerPoint presentations.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Charles Matthews at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Business Development Associate
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.