My Client, a leader in the manufacturing industry and based in Uitenhage, are in the process of recruiting an EHS Manager
to join their vibrant team.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
- Know, and maintain or exceed compliance with country, Federal, State, Local and EHS&S regulations and requirements.
- Articulate the global and regional EHS&S roadmap / strategy and key EHS&S initiatives and develop, lead and execute plant EHS&S initiatives that will contribute to the accomplishment of EHS&S goals and facility business goals.
- Support Plant Optimization processes to build associate engagement and empowerment in facility EHS&S management and performance improvement; fully support the infrastructures.
- Interface with regulators at all levels, local community leaders and groups and other external stakeholders to develop a relationship of trust and transparency and promote the EHS&S brand.
- To manage the risks w.r.t Environment, Health, Safety & Fire within the company. To develop and implement proactive programmes to minimize or eliminate cost w.r.t injuries or environmental non-compliance.
- To continuously monitor risk and risk control programmes in order to confirm their effectiveness.
- Compliance with country local laws and with company policies and business conduct standards.
- Stay current in knowledge of governmental requirements; keep EHS&S programs up to date with these requirements.
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of country, federal, state and local regulations
- Accurate and timely reporting of monthly & quarterly EHS&S Metrics.
- Engage directly with Global sustainability for all customer requests for sustainability data and certifications.
- Development and achievement of annual EHS&S operating plan goals and EHS&S capital plans that are in alignment with regional objectives.
Qualifications and Experience include:
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in environmental, safety discipline, engineering or technical science,
- Desired: Master's Degree in environmental, safety discipline, engineering or technical science or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in designing, implementing & driving EHS&S programs
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years’ experience implementing and/or sustaining ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 or comparable EHS&S management system.
- Experience in a Union environment
- Demonstrated, measurable improvements in EHS&S performance
- Demonstrated experience in working successfully with and building relationships with governmental regulatory agencies.
- Strong knowledge and ensuring compliance of local safety and environmental laws and regulations
- Minimizing environmental impacts and promoting sustainable practices
- Strong leadership and coaching skills (Servant Leader)
- Strong problem-solving skills and mentality
- Fluent in English