Transformation Specialist (BBEEE / CSI / Strategy / Policies / EE) – Roodepoort, South Africa
Reference Number: 044 0210 RR
This role is to primarily manage the company’s transformation journey including the implementation and
administration of the BBB-EE scorecards and legislation such as employment equity. Furthermore, to drive the execution of the wider transformation agenda across the company in South Africa, whilst ensuring that the company complies with legislative requirements and best practices.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Take full accountability for the design and delivery of the BBBEE strategy for the group and subsidiaries that outlines key objectives, initiatives, timeframes, and related costs for Regional Management approval.
- Subject matter expert in BBBEE Transformation Leads and enables South & Southern Africa Team to create solutions that unlock the BBBEE levels and pillars of the BBBEE framework
- Conduct the duties of the S24 Manager (Employment equity) within the Key Performance Areas
- Consult with Employees via Employee Equity Committee
- Conduct an analysis as required by S19 of the Act
- Prepare and employment equity plan as required by S20 of the Act
- Prepare and present departmental BEE targets, with monthly reporting
- Set Organizational and departmental targets including Employment Equity, Skills Development and Enterprise and Supplier Development.
- Manage flagship transformation projects and coordinate others, managing risks and opportunities associated
- with transformation change and business process, taking all steps to mitigate/exploit these to ensure that the
- transformation program is successfully delivered.
- Ensure that the group scorecard is reported in terms of the relevant standards and codes of good practice.
- Ensure that Transformation practices, standards, procedures, and methods are reviewed, updated and applied.
- Deal with Transformation queries from the Business units/Departments.
- Build and manage local strategic partnerships, to position the business as a leader in all BEE pillars (Skills Development, Ownership, Management Control, Enterprise & Supplier Development, Socio-Economic Development)
- Oversee a framework for Sustainability, CSI & ED roll out in South Africa
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key strategic partners according to the Transformation strategy
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on relevant issues supporting the transformation strategy
- Participate in relevant forums both internally (Training and Employment Equity Committee, etc.) and externally.
- Ensure that as a business, we are compliant with legislation and B-BBEE codes - compiling the BEE tracking scorecard.
- Compiling and reviewing the B-BBEE submission to the verification agency and project managing the verification process
- Support, monitor and improve the B-BBEE compliance of all divisions as required.
- Lead and develop the Corporate Social Investment agenda, whilst engaging with local communities
- Responsible for the management of the Group CSI agenda in alignment with the CSI strategy.
- Promote and represent the CSI agenda at appropriate forums and meetings internally.
- Coordinate and oversee overall CSI activities across the South Africa business to drive alignment on CSI agenda and inspire employee activism in CSI activities.
- Drive and take full ownership of Transformation in all daily matters within the business.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation e.g. EE/ DTI Codes/ EE Act etc.
- Ensure audit and verification processes on an annual basis aligned to the transformation strategy execution Develop and implement an EE reporting and monitoring tool.
- Monitor and keep abreast of all transformation and BBBEE legislative changes and updates
- Provide full administrative support.
- Collate all BEE information, covering the five elements.
- Maintain clear/up-to-date records / files of transformation monitoring and reporting tools, systems and procedures.
- Maintain a live database of BBBEE records related to all elements of the BBBEE scorecard, including capturing and managing all relevant data.
- Obtain, co-ordinate and administer all documentation for BBBEE audits.
- Champion and act as the change agent on the implementation and roll-out of the BBBEE and transformation plan
- Assist Head of HR, SSAME in designing and setting up relevant employee committees such as Employment
- Equity, Skills Development, Transformation and Diversity committees
- Assist and ensure a fair and objective nomination process for electing members to the various committees
- Coordinate monthly meetings of the BBBEE committee including the preparation and presentation of monthly reports on BBBEE programs to be reviewed in said meetings, as well as drafting and publication of minutes
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Learning & Development
- Assist Head of HR, SSAME in designing and setting up relevant employee committees such as Employment Equity, Skills Development, Transformation and Diversity committees
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant tertiary qualification coupled with other BEE/HR related courses
- Experience in managing BBBEE and transformation within a medium sized company.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role where BEE, EE and CSI were the core function, coupled with the appropriate training, transformation strategies and organizational development skills.
- Experience in reviewing and monitoring all BBBEE policies and practices for better alignment with the overall Transformation Strategy.
- Thorough experience in building and managing relationships with relevant bodies and organizations
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the newly revised BBBEE codes.
- Solid understanding of the mining charter.
- Experience with a BEE Scorecard Information Systems is essential
- Experience in the successful implementation of transformation strategies is essential
- Proven track record of experience with the BBBEE rating process preferable obtained at a BBBEE rating agency
- Highest level of flexibility, integrity and confidentially
- 5+ years of professional work experience in Transformation.
- Full, operational knowledge of Sage People, Oracle, Excel, Accpac, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Permanent Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.