Reference Number: 427 0610 MHU
Our client is a leading mining company operating in the DRC. The main purpose of this role is: The safe design, installation, repair and maintenance of instrumentation equipment required in several areas at once (i.e., electricity, electronics, computer science, mechanics). The successful incumbent will connect machines to operate an entire infrastructure (e.g., pipes, hydraulic or pneumatic cylinders, relays). They will work according to plan and must be very careful to reproduce it faithfully.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Participate in projects and develop new control plans
- Perform calibrations and periodic checks of equipment
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy and repetition of measuring instruments
- Develop and implement the optimisation method of control loops to ensure the stability and reactivity of systems
- Provide maintenance and verification
- Perform preventive and curative maintenance
- Make adjustments and repairs when equipment breaks
- Locate faults and determine the causes
- Perform calibration and maintenance of instruments in instrumentation
- Make improvements to process equipment by modelling and upgrading level if necessary
- Perform other related tasks requested by his superior
- Understand basic electrical and mechanical engineering principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of energy efficiency
- Apply problem-solving strategies
- Understand basic electronic theory and components
- Demonstrate an understanding of fault-finding techniques on field instrumentation
- Read and interpret instrumentation drawings.
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to basic health a safety principles in and around the workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of the uses and safety aspects associated with flammable energy sources
- Perform basic firefighting.
- Contribute actively to the training, professional development and adaptation of Congolese workers in accordance with the laws and regulations in force in the DRC.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Trade Test Certificate as an Instrumentation Mechanician
- N3 Certificate in Engineering
- Certificate in Environmental Health
- Certificate in Occupational Hygiene
- Certificate in Occupational Hygiene Risk Assessment
- Possess proven supervisory qualities
- A sense of rigor and organization
- Able to work under pressure
- The following experience in instrumentation is required:
- WINCC Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems experience
- Siemens TIA PLC experience
- Rockwell, ABB, Siemens and WEG variable speed drives (VSDs) and softstarters
- Profibus, Ethernet, Profinet, Controlnet and Leaky Feed data and voice communication systems
- Knowledge of pump stations, conveyors and ventilation fans
- Computer literacy (i.e., Microsoft (MS) Office suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.