Reference Number: 430 0910 MHU
Our client is a leading mining services company and require a Research & Development Manager to manage the R&D project activities, R&D staff and facilities and manage the SHE and Quality systems. This role reports directly into the Executive Research & Development.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Required to manage the research activities for the different product disciplines, using a stage gate approach, from conception through lab scale, pilot plant studies and production implementation.
- Reporting of project progress on a quarterly basis to senior management by means of technical reports and presentations.
- Assisting with the preparation of board papers for the technical division as well as presenting technical information to the board when required.
- Management of R&D laboratory facilities in terms of budgets, Capex applications, housekeeping, maintenance and daily operations.
- Management of R&D staff in terms of performance management, leave, training and day to day issues.
- Management of the SHE and Quality systems which involves risk management for the lab and the specific projects, chairing the safety committee meeting for the R&D and application labs as well as sitting on the central site safety committee, safety talks, safety and quality audits, standard procedures, instrument calibration and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for the generation of new ideas and the associated projects that will address both current and projected requirements of the mining industry
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Matric / Grade 12.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant scientific field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a research environment.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years’ experience in a management role.
- Exposure to mining environment, knowledge of flotation, water treatment, solid liquid separation and biotechnology.
- Background in mining chemicals such as flocculants, depressants, collectors and frothers.
- Background in polymer, organic and analytical chemistry.
- Background in biotechnology and fermentation.
- Background in mineralogical analysis and interpretation
- Permanent role
- Urgent role
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.