Product Support Manager (Product Development/ Analysis / Underground Machinery / Mining / OEM) – South Africa
Reference Number: 045 1210 RR
This role will be responsible for providing application knowledge, tender input with regards to recommendation of machine model, specification, and quantity, and in some cases delivery scheduling, monitoring competitor performance and activity along with industry trends. Also contribute to the profitability and improvement of a specific product line.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure all employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure the machine specification and option list is maintained to avoid localized development and decline in profitability.
- Provide Sales unit/s with any knowledge or information required to develop a solution that meets a prospective customer need.
- Conduct analysis of competitor offerings and communicate this information to Sales Areas and Product Lines.
- Provide input on possible technical and application changes to drive product improvements via Product Management and communicate with Offering Team to ensure Product Roadmaps cater to future requirements.
- Monitor and report on trends for changes to current specifications across the Underground Drills hard rock offering.
- Build a solid working relationship with the Business Line Manager and keep them updated and informed of Product Line activities within each specific Product Line.
- Provide input to engineering with regards to any liability or risk related performance issue’s and where applicable coordinate safety recall or safety related bulletins in terms of distribution and understanding to the sales unit/s.
- Actively participate in New Product Development planning and customer validation when required
- Provide performance data to the respective Product Line manager to allow management of the product overs its life cycle.
- In conjunction with technical support review warranty claims to understand any trend or pattern and provide input to product management and/or engineering to address.
- In conjunction with product management identify opportunities where new products can be trialed.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (Essential)
- At least 5 years OEM product line experience (Essential)
- Underground mining operational experience is required
- Must be medically fit to operate in an underground environment
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- English proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
- South African citizens are encouraged to apply
- Permanent opportunity
- Highly competitive annual package + annual performance bonus
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.