CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LEEBLR015
- To be the custodian of the Bank’s Project and Asset Based Finance solutions and support the client relations team in spotting opportunities. In this regard, the Director will ensure that products are fit for purpose and relevant to changes in the global markets to meet demands of corporate entities, parastatals and government in our member countries.
- Based on project finance opportunities in markets of member countries, develop annual marketing plans across the various units in conjunction with the client relations team for Executive Management approval.
- Act as the specialist in project finance solutions, providing product expertise to the Bank thus empowering and equipping our client relations teams in originating bankable project finance transactions.
- Propose and design new programmes to assist the Bank in deploying Project finance solutions to promote Trade Enabling Infrastructure, Asset Based Finance, Large industrial Manufacturing and the extractives industry across Africa.
- Drive the implementation of the Bank’s approved strategy for the Project & Asset Based finance business.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Project and Asset Based Finance annual activity plans and scorecards, to ensure alignment with the overall enterprise objectives of the Bank.
- Implement strategies that ensure departmental activities are discharged in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Provide regular updates to Executive Management on latest developments in the Global and African Infrastructure and industrialization space; and
- Propose strategies to catalyze industrialization in the Bank’s member country.
- To diligently comply with existing policies and procedures of the bank in procuring the services of third parties, to ensure that conflict of interest is minimized, and the banks reputation preserved.
- Coordinating and ensuring that Project and Asset Based Finance transactions from early stage origination, through term sheet negotiations, due diligence, credit approval, documentation and disbursement comply with the Banks established procedures and policies; and
- Ensure that the Bank’s Risk Management Policy and Procedures are well understood and adhered to within the department.
- Own and manage audit’s conducted on the department and submission of mandatory reports including departments risk register.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Keeping abreast with market developments and policy reforms that have significant impact on the Project Finance and advising Executive Management accordingly.
- Position the Bank to become a thought Leader in Project finance matters across the continent.
- Develop capacity building programs for staff in the Department to ensure ongoing skill enhancement as Project finance Specialists.
- Represent the Bank in various international fora on Project and Asset Based Finance related matters; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Executive Management.
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Banking, Finance or other related fields from a recognized University. A recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking may be accepted in lieu of a post graduate degree.
- Sound experience of at least 12 years at a senior management level demonstrating familiarity with common project finance techniques and solutions.
- Knowledge of developing project finance transactions with benefit of distribution and Syndications, Guarantees, ECA’s, and Credit Insurance to optimize capital and distribute risk.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments in important professional fora, delivering presentations to technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize, manage and motivate teams to attain goals;
- Understanding of pricing, capital utilizations, risk allocation and risk reward concepts.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking; and
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply