Our client, an International Agriculture concern is looking to hire a Procurement & Supply Chain Lead to be based in Tete, Mozambique. The incumbent will ensure the most cost effective and efficient supply of goods, inputs and capital requirements to the various divisions and projects within the company including the Agronomy Department from a list of vetted and compliant suppliers.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Managing the company procurement function
- Manages and participates in the most cost-effective procurement of goods incorporating stringent price and quality standards at the same time seeing to it that all Company procurement and corporate compliance procedures are adhered to.
- Compiles and manages the maintenance of the Company’s approved Vendor list and ensures that all compliance policies are followed and promoted.
- Manages the Procurement of goods
- Assists Departmental Heads with the selection of their specific needs, the procurement from vetted vendors and the coordination of supply and delivery to Tete of departmental requirements.
- Selects possible suppliers from Preferred Supplier listing best suited to the specific requirement. These suppliers will be based locally (Tete), nationally (Maputo Beira, Chimoio etc.), regionally (Zimbabwe, Malawi, South Africa) or internationally.
- Participates and assists in tracking incoming imported goods arriving at Port cities / border posts and ensuring that goods are located, cleared and dispatched timeously.
- Participates and assists in tracking receipt of imported requirements and ensuring that all relevant Customs procedures are followed. This also includes instances of advance payments and ensuring strict adherence to Company and Ministry of Finance acquittal regulations
- Coordination between warehouses and finance
- Capital expenditure
- Assists with the compilation of biannual Capex requirements for both the Factory and Agronomy needs.
- Ensures that Capex expenditure is controlled and monitored to avoid any overspending against specific Vote Numbers.
- Participates in the control over the departmental budget spending and makes efforts to keep spending within set budgets on a monthly and annual basis.
- Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience in a similar role