Reference Number: CLDLUL01
The client is a Nonprofit organization looking to employ a Country Coordinator that is dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. The Country Coordinator will be based in Ghana and will be primarily responsible for managing a regions, in-country projects and activities as well as maintaining strong relationships with key political and ministerial decision makers. Under the supervision of the Nonprofits Program director in Mali, the selected Coordinator will serve in his /her country of assignment as the main focal point with domestic stakeholders
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The coordinator based in Ghana will liaise, engage, and maintain contact with civil society organizations, government agencies, local and national government focal points
- The coordinator will take a significant role in activity implementation, providing logistical arrangements, identifying local service providers, identifying potential problems, and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays
- Ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners
- Contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary.
- The Coordinator will attend and lead the project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary, in neighboring countries
- The Coordinator will contribute and make observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary
- The Coordinator will attend and sometimes lead the project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary in neighboring countries, and will report to Nonprofit
- The Coordinator will submit bi-monthly reports to the Nonprofit that includes updates on activity progress and analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in Ghana and the targeted communities
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject Content
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peace-building, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE).
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations.
- Legal authorization to work in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire is required
- Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French. Candidates with fluent French and intermediate English will be considered.
- Availability to commit for an approximative 24-month duration.
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues.
- Expertise (experience, thought leadership, or a combination of both) on preventing/countering violent extremism strongly preferred.
- Contract runs from date of signature to September 30, 2022.
Clifford Ndlebe | Recruitment Consultant
CA Finance Recruitment | Tel: +27216599200
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All CV's will be saved on our database for future positions.