Reference Number: 437 0411 MHU
Reporting administratively to the CEO, the Audit & Risk Committee on Audit & Risk matters and to the Board on Compliance matters, the Head Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance is accountable to provide independent and objective assurance and advisory services to Executive Management and Board on the adequacy and effectiveness of Internal Audit-, Risk management-, internal controls- , governance- and compliance processes aligned with Company Strategic Objectives. As a member of the Top Management Team the incumbent must plan long-term for the organisation as a whole.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for resource allocation in relation to the integrated & coordinated 5 year cross departmental Business Plan & Budget
- Strategic Leadership in the Development, Implementation and Execution of Internal Audit Strategy, Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Communicating the Audit Management Framework to all stakeholders and monitor implementation
- Develop and execute Internal Audit strategy
- Advise and guide in the context of the Corporate responsibility on Business Strategy and related Risk and Corporate Governance aspects
- Develop and implement a strategic resource plan that delivers and aligns to organizational goals
- Provide insight and analysis in companywide initiatives such as company strategic plans as part of advisory services
- Provide Exco and Board with assurance that empowers them to effectively oversee and govern the Group
- Audit quarterly performance reports submitted by the Executive before submission to Board
- Provide advice on proposed developments such as major new systems and proposed initiatives to help ensure risks are properly identified and evaluated and appropriate controls built in
- Design, implement, test and modify controls in specific organisation systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the corporate level
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organisation.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan, ensuring the highest level of service quality
- Provide an objective and evidence based annual opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control
- Develop the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organisation's unique characteristics. Oversee and monitor the implementation of the compliance program.
- Prepare and present clear and concise compliance reports to the Board
- Financial and Budget Management
- People Management
- Critical impact on organisations ability to meet output requirements and/or serious loss/misuse of money
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Hons Accounting
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Risk and Compliance SADC and East Africa
- Must have held a similar role within the agricultural/mining industries
- Proven experience in a senior management role
- Operational experience at large/medium businesses as well as multinational and Gov structure interaction
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, relationship management and negotiating skills
- Must be able to handle pressure and deal with errors accordingly
- Possess high ethical standards and strong customer relation capabilities
- Permanent contract
- Option for residential or FIFO is negotiable
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.