Technical Sales & Field Specialist (TMM Repairs/ Engineering / Mining / Drifters / Drill Rigs) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: 053 0511 RR
The ideal candidate will have a track record working in a trackless mining environment and an applicable artisan’s trade. They will have a hands-on approach to fault finding and solving problems, based on a strong technical qualification as an artisan with years of underground experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of trackless hydraulic drill rigs. A thorough understanding of the conditions of trackless mining and the problems faced by the drill teams is essential. To expand the market share of the company by developing relationships with new and existing customers to promote a wide range of high precision manufactured component parts to the customer’s specification
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Generate sales revenue
- Emergency response to maintenance and breakdowns offering technical solutions
- Conduct minor repairs and perform fault finding and preventative maintenance checks and provide technical reports
- Prepare schedules for planned service & maintenance
- Consider downtime and production targets
- Commissioning and de-commissioning of drill equipment underground and above ground
- On-site training of customer’s personnel in best practice for maintenance
- Must have an extensive knowledge of drifter components, their applications and uses
- Must have an understanding the operation and theory of all moving machinery and working equipment in a trackless mining environment, with maximum knowledge of hydraulic drill rigs of various OEMs and the correct installation, commissioning, decommissioning and minor repair of drifters
- They will have an ability to read drawings and technical diagrams and electrical circuitry
- Thorough understanding of compliance ISO/OHS and mine safety regulations
- Ability to lead conversation around technical matters with operators, supervisors, foreman, engineers
- To expand the market share of the company by developing relationships with new and existing customers to promote a wide range of high precision manufactured component parts to the customer’s specification
- Working in the industrial and engineering sphere the technical sales representative will be a vital member of the sales team generating income from new sources
- Representing interests with our clients with a view to furthering the sale of products and services
- Providing a high level of technical support to the customer’s technical and maintenance teams.
- Acting as an on-site technical expert providing fault finding and preventative maintenance checks on the equipment, record, log and analyze the technical data and provide analysis of reported faults with suggestions for improved maintenance planning with a view to positioning as the supplier of choice
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Trade Certificate – Qualified Artisan: Diesel Mechanic, Auto Electrician, Electrician, Millwright, Hydraulic fitter
- 5 years minimum post qualification workplace experience with underground trackless mining experience.
- An exposure to sales environment, mining, road, rail, petrochemical or industrial sectors would be beneficial
- Knowledge of pastel or JobBoss would be an added advantage
- Ability to write technical reports in English
- South African Citizens are encouraged to apply
- The applicant must be fit enough to work underground and on the surface.
- The job requires extensive travelling from Gauteng to the various mines throughout South Africa and into Africa from time to time.
- Competitive annual base package + benefits
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Company vehicle provided
- Lucrative Commission structure
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.