CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR017
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The role of the position holder will be to carry out various management accounting maintenance functions required for capital management and credit rating by implementing various processes for review and finalization of the Financial Controller and the Chief Finance Officer.
- Assist in reviewing, monitoring and implementation of the Bank’s Capital Management Policy.
- Assist in implementing and embedding the ICAAP principles into the business activities of the Bank.
- Assist in ensuring that the capital risk appetite and limits of the Bank are always appropriate and consistent with the principles of the Bank’s Policy and Basel.
- Ensuring a unified data source for risk weighted assets measurement to avoid any discrepancies.
- Responsible of calculation of required amount of equity capital necessary to meet the Bank’s capital adequacy ratio.
- Assist in implementing the most updated framework as prescribed by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision from time to time.
- Provide required capital management reports.
- Responsible for shareholding records (Paid in capital, dividends etc.) and responding to all queries related to shareholders.
- Responsible for providing all data and information required for the due diligence related to the capital raise exercise.
- Perform any required capital management work.
- Assist in the annual preparation for the rating process, analytical framework and attending all meetings of the working group in order to be well prepared for the annual rating meetings.
- Assist in providing rating agencies with all required information related to Finance after clearing it with the working group and the Senior Management.
- Perform any other required rating work.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
- Good first degree in a relevant field and a relevant post graduate degree. A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CMA, CPA, ACCA) is required and may be considered in lieu of a post graduate degree.
- Sound experience of at least 5 years within the Banking or financial services industry and demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and related accounting rules.
- Training in a Big 4 Accounting and Consulting Firm would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems (preferably SAP) is a must. Experience in project implementation of ERP systems will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- 6-month Contact
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.