CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LEEBLR18
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Preparation of monthly management report, periodic financial statements, accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Preparation of annual budgets and the midyear budget review for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within given time frame.
- Preparation of the departmental budget.
- Monitoring financial performance and implementation of the Bank’s annual budgets and provide recommendations to Senior Management and relevant committees.
- Prepares statements and reports of the estimated future revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of external and internal audit materials and external financial reporting relating to the management accounting unit.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management and budget accounting.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Preparation of financial performance related presentations to investors and other stakeholders.
- Handling automation of the budget process in the Bank.
- Providing financial information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Good first degree in a relevant field and a relevant post graduate degree. A professional accounting qualification such as CMA, CIMA, ACA, CPA is required and may be considered in lieu of a post graduate degree.
- Sound experience of at least 5 years within the Banking or financial services industry and demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and related accounting rules.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems (preferably SAP and Finacle) is a must. Experience in project implementation of ERP systems will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- 6 month contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply