Maintenance Superintendent (Furnaces/ GCC / Smelting / Alloys / Plant) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference Number: TPRR 1211
To drive the overall management, direction, and continuous improvement of the Maintenance Management process in a safe manner, through clearly defined strategies and objectives for maintenance of plant, equipment & facilities, and shutdowns of Smelting Complex with a Sintering, Pelletizing and Metal Recovery Plant.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Manage labour stability by minimizing labour turnover
- Labour complement in line with budget
- Achieve HDSA/Female targets for the Section
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies
- Ensure IDP’s are linked to performance results and implemented as per plan
- Conduct career discussions and implement actions with all identified talent (quarterly)
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Jointly define annual Service Level Agreements with plant production personnel.
- Ensure quality control to enhance reliability of plant.
- Ensure that outcomes of RCA’s are evaluated for their business case, implemented as applicable and are sustainable
- Select equipment vendors as per maintenance standards
- Put systems and controls in place that will ensure that the plant is maintained:
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence
- Foster a climate of continuous improvement in the maintenance team
- Develop the capability of the maintenance organization for the plant
- Prepare Maintenance budget per equipment
- Consolidate Maintenance budget per plant
- Monitor plant Maintenance budget
- Action variances of actual to planned costs
- Monitor Over/Under Maintenance
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Candidate must have 6 years' applicable experience,
- At least 2 years managerial experience,
- B.Eng./BSc. (Eng.) Degree or relevant National Diploma
- Government Certificate of Competency
- Master’s Degree and MBA/MBL will be advantageous
- Professional registration with ECSA
- Management Opportunity
- Permanent Employment Contract
- Competitive Annual Package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.