Reference Number: 439 1311 MHU
Our client is a market leading mining client who have an urgent need for a Domestic Marketing Manager. Main purposes of this role: To grow the Company's competitive position in all the domestic market segments; To optimise the Market to Resources value chain in collaboration with the business units and through Value in Use initiatives and to nurture a healthy Customer Relationship Management program. The main challenges are: To analyse and quickly respond to changing market environments; To be the best on class in obtaining market intelligence; To unlock market potential in the domestic market; To manage customer relationships continuously and to ensure customer satisfaction.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop and execute marketing strategy and sales plan for different products and mines into the domestic market
- Negotiate and conclude sales contracts
- Contracting for buy-in coal
- Ensure sound understanding of the domestic energy and electricity market drivers
- Drive business development for energy related products in the Company’s domestic coal pipeline of projects
- Supervise projects on business demand
- Apply technical knowledge of product characteristics, use and performance in relation to existing and new technologies
- Develop and implement product strategies based on coal properties, customer requirements, and customer attractiveness and to minimise product deviations
- Gather and interpret market intelligence
- Identify potential customers, develop and establish long-term relationships
- Manage customer relationship with domestic customers
- Manage sales managers and relationships with mines which serve/supply the domestic market and metal industry
- Ensure collaboration between sales managers and logistics to ensure successful rail deliveries to Domestic customers
- Develop value propositions and negotiate contracts with customers
- Evaluate account attractiveness, market share and retention
- Apply Value in Use principles
- Represent the Company and its brand when dealing with customers
- Financial management: Prepare and manage Domestic Marketing's budget and forecast costs
- Set functional direction, develop functional strategic plan aligned to, and driving the Company’s vision and purpose, strategy, goals, priorities, including aligning functional work/resources
- Establish measurable functional targets from Group targets
- Define and reinforce the link between Group, functional, operational goals and individual outputs, measures and rewards
- Continuous improvement and functional change: Identify, advocate for and lead Domestic Marketing's improvement and change. Create culture of continuous improvement and change agility in function
- Manage and assume responsibility for domestic accounts
- Manage budgets and forecasts volumes and prices into domestic markets
- Measure performance against forecast and budget in terms of volumes and prices
- Assume responsibility for the sales business plan, budget and forecast for allocated mines
- Develop and maintain domestic marketing policies, standards, guidelines, procedures, end to end processes, tools, templates etc. and enforce group-wide adherence to these
- Identify and manage critical functional risks through appropriate mitigation plans/actions
- Identify opportunities to improve the business through the application of digital optimisation
- Develop the initiatives in conjunction with the relevant stakeholder
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of innovation initiatives and for the expected benefits from implementing these initiatives
- Staffing: Select, appoint and on-board Domestic Marketing staff in consultation with the Group Manager, Marketing and Logistics
- Performance management: Clarify roles/responsibilities and expectations.
- Talent development: Actively manage talent through regular assessment of employees’ strengths, development needs and development progress. Provide ongoing mentoring, coaching and development feedback to employees. Manage functional talent pipeline and succession planning process.
- Culture/functional climate: Embody, translate and entrench Group culture and values in function, address behaviours that undermine values. Foster effective teamwork and unity
- Communication/engagement: Encourage open expression of ideas/opinions and foster dialogue
- Develop Market and Marketing strategies for the different Domestic market segments
Benefits and Contractual information:
- B Degree (Hons) (Relevant) (Essential)
- Management Development Programme (Essential)
- Necessary experience in a Commercial or Legal environment, with preferred experience in a commodities environment such as in beneficiation or minerals processing.
- Proven leadership and managerial capabilities.
- Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals (i.e. pricing, delivery strategy, value chain dynamics, net back calculations).
- Strong business acumen of technical characteristics, market dynamics and commodity applications.
- Knowledge of contract management.
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary for management level role
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.