Reference Number: SRAL002
Our client is a large banking firm seeking to employ a Senior Manager: Finance reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer. The purpose of this position is to primarily manage the statutory and financial reporting for the bank.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for the annual reporting process of the group and include the consolidated annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of tax returns in accordance with relevant legislation and assume the Public Officer role with the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
- Manage the overall ownership of valuations on investments as well as impairments in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Participate, on behalf of FSD, in various projects/working groups and liaise with all departments and subsidiaries of the bank to ensure that the accounting policies, treatment and matters are in accordance with IFRS and company policies as well as relevant legislation.
- Oversee the management information system (i.e. ERP system: Oracle) to ensure optimal utilisation and global benchmarking to support analysis and decision-making.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, including the consolidation of the bank’s financial statements as well as management of the audit processes (internal and external).
- Ensure that governance, risk and compliance processes related to financial systems are in place for the bank.
- Manage strategic relations with significant stakeholders, both within and external to the organisation.
- Participate as a member of the various internal committees of the bank.
- Create a performance culture in the division and define performance expectations, including specific measurable metrics.
- Monitor and evaluate the achievement of the divisional goals against the operational plan and communicate the division’s performance and achievements to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Take accountability for talent management in the division by identifying appropriate talent in key positions, as well as for on-boarding, succession management and the retention of key talent.
- a minimum of a Chartered Accountant (CA (SA)) qualification; and
- a minimum of 12 years’ experience in a financial services environment, with at least 10 years in a management position.
- a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Finance or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification. (This will be an added advantage)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.