Reference Number: JL0BLR01
A well-known NGO is looking to hire a Knowledge Transfer Manager to be based in South Africa. The Knowledge Transfer Manager will be working with the Country Lead in the successful and timely implementation of the organization’s activities in South Africa to achieve their objectives and impacts.
- Strengthening the prominence and upholding the value of the organization’s strategic objectives in South Africa as the key innovation network nationally and regionally.
- Working in partnerships with the organization’s counterpart teams in Kenya and Nigeria, as well as UK Government and country level stakeholders in meeting the above objectives.
- Delivery of Global KPIs, reports and CRM content in South Africa.
- Working actively within the project team to effectively plan, manage and deliver its project activities in South Africa against defined workplans, intervention mechanisms and targeted outcomes.
- Identifying and managing high integrity and effective stakeholder engagement activities in South Africa, including developing processes, communications and plans to support timely and effective engagement activities.
- Proactively developing innovative approaches to gathering, analyzing, and managing data obtained through engagement and delivery in line with project requirements.
- Travel regularly to meet with key stakeholders and partners in South Africa, across the continent and in the UK as required.
- Work with the organization’s International & Development team and others to develop and implement communication and growth plans for the organization in South Africa and across Africa when required.
- Ensure timely delivery of monitoring reports and data sheets, validation report, including timely response to comments from the Country Lead and Management Team.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering, science, business, or policy, with a strong ability in written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages.
- In-depth understanding of the South African and international innovation landscape, ideally cross sectorial, with direct experience in innovation commercialization, policy implementation, business growth and/or international development.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder programmed environment across different sectors and international cultures.
- Experience and aptitude in building effective engagements and maintaining trusted partnerships with business and public-sector stakeholder at all levels, with a good professional profile and network.
- Demonstrable skills in producing reports with a balance of strategic and technical depth.
- Experience working international donor funded programs desired.
- A highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver socioeconomic impacts through equitable partnerships, innovation collaboration and social inclusion.
- An effective communicator comfortable to engage at all levels in English and local languages.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with an ability to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities with stakeholders across a range of technical and/or industrial disciplines.
- Disciplined, reliable and adaptable with time management ability to deliver autonomously with little supervision.
- Ability to deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular domestic and international travel.
- High level of IT literacy and organizational skills.
This role will be offered on a fixed term contract ending 31 March 2025, with an initial six-month probationary period and annual contract renewals.