Reference Number: LASCL001
Our client within the NGO sector is seeking an innovative and forward-thinking individual to fill the position of Country Lead to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Lead the country team effectively in managing country-level delivery plan targeting new opportunities and high impact for the company.
- Work actively to develop a coherent programme strategy and objectives and taking the delivery responsibility in Kenya against defined workplans, intervention mechanisms and outcomes.
- Identify and lead the high integrity and effective country-level stakeholder engagement and relationships, including with UK Government teams, Kenyan public sector agencies, businesses, funders, investors and other innovation stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient forward planning and budgeting of all activities to be undertaken in Kenya and the timely identification of issues that are delaying or could delay project implementation and develop solutions to address bottlenecks.
- Provide timely country-level quarterly and annual workplans and budgets to the company.
- Co-develop and implement effective communication and growth plans for the company.
- Travel regularly to engage with key stakeholders and partners in Kenya, across the continent and in the UK as required.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering, science, business or policy, with a strong ability in written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages.
- Ideally a Project Management qualification, with direct experience in the delivery major national or international programmes.
- Experience leading international donor funded programmes desired.
- In-depth understanding of the Kenyan and international innovation landscape, ideally cross sectorial, with direct experience in innovation commercialisation, policy implementation, business growth and/or international development.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with the ability to think strategically.
- High level of IT literacy and organisational skills.
- This role will be offered on a fixed term contract ending 31 March 2025, with an initial six-month probationary period and annual contract renewals.