Reference Number: 90 11 22 MNW
Our client, an international Mining Services and Equipment provider, is in search of a strong accounting professional to join their team as a Compliance Controller. The main objective is to manage the accounting and reporting obligations of the legal entities according to internal requirements, as well as statutory consolidation according to local regulations and IFRS.
Required skills and capabilities:
- Manage the consolidation of the financial and non-financial Group requirements for the operational entities included within the legal entities;
- Review the legal compliance of the operational entities' within the legal entities;
- Ensure accurate reporting for the legal entities including but not limited to:
- Equity and Tax. If reported on operational level, ensure that the consolidated submission is correct;
- Report Fixed Assets for the legal entity. If reported on operational level, ensure that the consolidated submission is correct;
- Approve the reporting of the legal entity by application in our reporting system;
- At year-end closing: complete the input schedules in the annual specification application and approve the reporting. For the annual specifications reported on operational level, review the reporting on a Legal entity level and approve the reporting;
- Maintain legal reporting for legal entity level approvals and authorization to act;
- Report insurance requirements within the legal entity. Includes property insurance, general liability, automobile, workers compensation or other locally required policies;
- Coordination and communication of governance issues;
- Assist with the Legal Board requirements and preparation;
- Coordination of external audit requirements for the legal entities within the Region;
- Ensure compliance to Companies Act and other relevant local statutes;
- To safeguard a good internal control environment in order to protect the company assets and to ensure that financial reporting and accounting practices are in accordance with internal standards and local statutory rules;
- To analyse, report and suggest improvements in the way we work;
- Coordination with Auditors (internal and external), financial institutions and authorities where required;
- Responsible for monthly and annual Tax calculations and submissions to Revenue Authorities
- Actively participate in projects to implement new processes, tools and acquisitions.
Educational Qualification required:
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, Financial Reporting and Consolidations.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Experience with BPCS, SAP/GPS
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively at different levels of the organisation
- Independent and proactive, takes responsibility for quality deliverables
- Drives change and energy through collaboration and development
- Demonstrated ability to lead without requiring formal authority
- Previous experience as a Controller or Financial manager
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions