Product Specialist (Mine Engineering / Design Software / Software / Technical Support) –Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: 059 2611 RR
Qualified Mining Engineer able to provide technical product demonstrations, support and pre – sales assistance and service delivery for the Mine Design & Modeling Software products.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Provide telephone, email and face-to-face support for users who have a current maintenance agreement.
- Document all support issues in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Report on significant support issues to the business unit.
- For support issues that are the result of possible software bugs, test and verify the bugs, enter the details into the bug database, and liaise with the product development staff to establish a solution. Report any possible work-around to the client as soon as possible.
- Provide training to current and new software users. Such training may take place at a Head office, at a client’s site, or at a third-party venue such as a university computer laboratory.
- Provide in-house training for new staff, managers, and other staff members who require product knowledge.
- Liaise with the product development team and software users during the software design cycle. This may involve canvassing users to determine the functionality of a new component, and then writing a design brief for the product development team.
- Participate in internal BETA testing of new products and/or versions.
- Test new and improved product functionality
- Assist the sales team by providing technical support during pre-sales demonstrations, trade shows, and other promotional events as requested.
- Assist with the promotion of training courses and maintenance agreements.
- Assist with license renewals
- Travel to other Head offices and client sites as required.
- Provide technical support to other staff members for various promotional or product development projects as required. Such projects may include creating demonstration data sets, testing software or hardware components, and so on.
- Other tasks as directed by your manager.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Tertiary qualification in mine engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in an operational exploration or mining environment
- Recent experience in providing help desk support, client training or public presentations will be beneficial
- Recent experience with general purpose mining software
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package