Reference Number: 444 0112 MHU
The purpose of the role is to support, develop and train an effective local team capable of delivering industry leading practices within an underground mine environment, particularly underground mine production activities related to planning.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Execute Company Safety practices required for the task.
- Identify, understand and address safety hazards and risks related to the task.
- Determine what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task and help others to work safely.
- Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to Supervisor
- Identify and develop emerging talents within a multi-discipline team.
- Build and lead the mining drill and blast and technical support teams and assist in the development of local mining engineers.
- Provide specialist support in key processes and systems to drive the best performance from all team members.
- Analyse and Identify key skills & knowledge required by all team members in order to carry out their roles effectively and safely
- Demonstrate advanced application of Underground Mining Production Processes & Practices.
- Provide specialist support in key underground mining processes and performance optimisation.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the technical aspects of the operations which include mine planning, survey, fleet management, drill & blast, and have the required resources in place to support the mining operations.
- Demonstrate advanced application of principles of underground mine design including production and development using highly mechanised underground trackless equipment, ventilation systems, production techniques.
- Work to support underground lateral development and production management teams, together with technical support services along with contract management.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of appropriate underground geotechnical evaluation methods.
- Advise the best practice drilling & blasting techniques to reduce blast damage and dilution in an underground mine environment. Proactively identify impacts, issues and opportunities associated with changes in other disciplines/ process (and vice versa
- Lead minor to medium projects and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Identify areas for improvement in operational blueprints (systems, processes, procedures & tasks) to ensure compliance to plan, reduce variation and maximise cost effective utilisation.
- Interpret data to initiate and drive the operational improvements as required. Use cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches.
- Actively look for ways to manage costs without impacting on planned outcomes using the OE (Operational Excellence) approach.
- Provide support in generating annual mine budget in line with Company
- Strategic Options and associated mining physicals.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the development of optimised short term and medium-term (3MS) plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements and the operations strategy.
- Generate innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing assets, products, services or processes
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BEng Mining I Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of Professional Body
- 5+ years proven experience in mine production in underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at an advanced technical level within a production department.
- Experience working with International UG mining contractors who operate underground mechanized trackless equipment will be highly regarded.
- High skill level with UG mine planning software (Vulcan/StudioUG/EPS).
- Proven experience and ability to create and manage budgets for an UG operation.
- Longhole stoping drill and blast experience highly regarded
- 1 to 2 years' experience working with the P500 and Operational Excellence (OE) initiatives or equivalent will be advantageous.
- Worked in highly mechanized underground longhole stoping operations. Advanced knowledge in contract management practices, technical consultants and operational mining contracts.
- Advanced understanding of project management standards and has applied them in a minor - medium project to conceptual level.
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Expat position
- Competitive USD salary package
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.