Reference Number: SCFAAL01
A well-known confectionary organization is looking to hire a New Product Development manager that will manage new product development, product, and process renovations and in adherence to the standard operating procedure to achieve the organisation’s business objectives. The individual’s key deliverables will be to deliver winning product innovations and renovations in line with business and market requirements, provide process and technical expertise to improve business operations and to reduce the costs of products.
- Managing the implementation of the departmental strategy in line with the product development strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Co-lead (with Marketing) the innovation and renovation process.
- Managing the innovation of new product development and renovations of existing product ranges as per business and consumer needs.
- Ensuring compliance to government, statutory and ISO system requirements.
- Manage ingredient supplier relationships and ensure fair selection process for projects.
- Approving of packaging and raw materials suppliers and highlighting nonconformance of existing ones to recommend corrective actions to ensure compliance to the set standards.
- Reformulation of product, packaging, and process changes to reduce overall production cost.
- Ensuring implementation of the food safety trainings and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for talent management in the department, including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training, and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Benchmarking and implementing best practices in production & respective areas of work.
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- A relevant tertiary degree in Food Science \ Technology \ Processing.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in FMCG.
- Food tasting skills.
- Analytical skills, Innovative skills, and Problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory skills, Reporting and Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork, Communication Skills, and IT skills.
- Customer Service, Time Management and Customer Centric.
- Ownership, Continuous Improvement and Leadership.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com/jobs for the latest CA Finance jobs.
CA Finance: Global Recruitment
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not yet had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.