Reference Number: RSBBLR018
A well-established Asset management and Commodities Distribution group is currently seeking a Commercial Sales Technical Manager to join their Angola office in Luanda.
This role combines three complementary areas of responsibility in our Angolan pharmaceutical business: Commercial Sales, Product Technical direction and as the responsible person named on our pharmaceutical trading licenses to actively manage the local quality and regulatory processes. The role is client focused where building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders is vital.
Working seamlessly alongside our existing commercial teams in Angola and London, the role is expected to ensure our clients have the most up-to-date product information, help them solve their business challenges, all whilst ensuring the organization’s operational activities remain compliant to local pharmaceutical regulations. This role reports to an Angolan based Manager with a dotted line to the Business Unit Leader in London, UK.
- Build and maintain relationships with key commercial clients both in private and public healthcare sectors.
- Develop new business opportunities with the existing commercial team.
- Manage key client relationships in relation to licensing and quality assurance matters including local government and regulatory agencies such as National Directorate of Medicines and Medical Supplies (DNME) and Ministry of Health (MINSA).
- Host and report on local regulatory inspections and client audits of the Warehouse and maintain a state of inspection readiness.
- Maintain local client qualification register including license checks and renewals for the distribution of pharmaceutical products within Angola.
- Support the London-based Procurement team in facilitating technical feedback on product specifications from Ministry clients for the Purchase Order business.
- Meet with public and private clients to better understand their requirements for medicines and medical supplies and work with the Procurement team to recommend suitable products for supply.
- Ensure pharmaceutical product quality and safety, through effective management and monitoring of the wholesale distribution processes in Angola from pre-importation through to delivery to the client.
- Ensure Quality Management System processes and procedures are maintained for Angolan Warehouse activities, including local deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls.
- Responsible for maintenance and timely renewal of local pharmaceutical trading license/s ensuring sales distribution activities are never impacted.
- Responsible for full quality acceptance or rejection of product delivered to the Warehouse, including suspected counterfeit or falsified product, maintaining procedures for appropriate segregation.
- Monitor Warehouse temperature settings to maintain Good Distribution Practice (GDP) requirements.
- Ensure all local quality and regulatory activities comply with Angolan law and pharmaceutical trading license requirements.
- Maintain professional training and certification.
- Degree level education (or equivalent) with Scientific discipline.
- Angolan Registered pharmacist.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales and commercial role / s with accomplished record of productive client engagement.
- Experience in operating within a Quality Management System framework including delivering Corrective & Preventative Action (CAPA), Change Control, Deviation Management and Risk Management.
- Excellent relationship building skills and demonstrated track record of working successfully with cross-country / multi-lingual teams.
- Experience working and / or supporting Sales and / or Quality in other Emerging Markets and / or Europe.
- Supplier and / or Client auditing experience.
- Experience gained in business operations beyond Sales and Quality, for example Supply Chain, Distribution, Medical or Regulatory Affairs functions.
- Knowledge and experience of distribution activities and GDP for medicinal products and medical devices.
- Experience acting as Responsible Person or Qualified Person and / or directly supporting GDP activities.
- Compliance focused with commitment to training and Health & Safety.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, fluency in English and Portuguese is essential.
- Given the Covid19 situation and respective travel bans / regulations, local candidates are preferred.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.