Market Manager (Strategy / SSA / Electrical Projects / HV / Marketing / Power Grids) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: 63 0501 RR
As a Market Manager, will be part of Power Grids business based in South Africa. Reporting to the Local Sales ＆ Marketing Manager, you are responsible for defining and implementing the marketing strategy in the assigned area. Proactively leading, developing and coaching the Marketing department. Managing the marketing action plan to achieve both the key qualitative and quantitative targets in a profitable way, and to ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Leading the implementation of Global Business Unit strategies and initiatives at a country level to ensure appropriate sales and marketing efforts within the country. Ensuring the Global Business Unit portfolio is appropriately represented in the local market. Maintaining cost controls for assigned Global Business Unit within the local market.
- Managing and is responsible for the demand market for Global Business Unit including third party sales, internal sales, and channels. Managing and is responsible for the Business Unit demand side budget of the Southern African region.
- Developing business strategies and sales and marketing plans in partnership with local Marketing and Sales teams. Participates in the budgeting process, including preparing the Order Commitment Sheet (OCS), representing the Global Business Unit in the local market.
- Coordinating product lifecycle marketing and ensures effective execution in the local market. Coordinating and supporting the factory sales and marketing activities in the country.
- Overseeing the market intelligence process ensuring detailed market analyses of market drivers and trends, key competition, and emerging technologies. Producing monthly and ad-hoc reports to monitor market and progress.
- Ensuring local sales teams are provided with necessary training and receive appropriate accreditation. Working together with Territory Sales & Marketing, Global Marketing Unit and Marketing Communication for planning and implementation of marketing activities.
- In line with the sales team strategy manages and develops appropriate relationships with customers and key accounts. Serving as escalation point for questions and issues and collects customer feedback and input.
- Ensuring proposals are developed and approved to enable negotiations. Overseeing quotations to promote optimal outcome. Ensuring all status updates and documentation are accurately tracked in appropriate systems. Taking local responsibility for the Business Unit mix and maintains the accuracy of data for project pipeline and orders received forecast and competitive feedback.
- Organizing and promoting after sales service activities. Ensuring appropriate order handling of products/systems/services. Ensuring contracts are appropriately managed with adherence to payment terms.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaching, motivating, and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Driving and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Engineering degree, preferably with professional registration.
- A business qualification would be advantageous.
- More than 10 years of experience in large electrical projects.
- High level of technical knowledge of the main players (EPC contractors) in the relevant markets.
- Understanding of static and dynamic requirements of HV and EHV networks
- Experience with Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS).
- Understanding of the requirements within the different power pools in Southern Africa (SAPP, EAPP)
- Experience of HV substation business.
- Availability to travel mainly within the Southern Africa Region.
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.