Reference Number: 125 AB
Our client, an International Gold Mine Company is currently looking for a Mine Technical Service Superintendent to join their operation in West Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure compliance of subordinates to the regulations regarding mine process activities as enshrined in the Minerals and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) regulations, 2012 (L.I. 2182);
- Deliver timely and high-quality technical support for the underground operations; including DailY, weekly, monthly, annual and Life of mine plans.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual mine plans and budget;
- Responsible for planning the mine ventilation system.
- Ensuring adequate resourcing of the Geotechnical Management Plan
- Undertake Development, in conjunction with the Mining Manager detailed standards and procedures to support the efficient functioning of the Mine Technical Services Departments;
- Compile annual Mining Cost and production budget;
- Prepare Life of mine production and capital plan including mobile equipment requirements and justifications;
- Prepare short, medium and long range planning and scheduling;
- Build and regularly update a production and development mine schedule;
- Manage the compilation of “End of Week” and “End of Month” production reconciliation and other statutory reports;
- Liaise with other departments to identify projects that will add value and support the implementation of such projects to ensure improvement in the underground operations;
- Promote and ensure adherence to safety and environmental awareness to minimize risk and prevent incidents;
- Identify and implement training programmes for the crew to enhance their competences; and
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering or any other related field with at least fifteen (15) years underground working experience in a similar position;
- Minimum of Underground Manager Certificate from MINCOM;
- Excellent user of Microsoft excel software, Surpac software and mine scheduling software packages;
- Extensive experience with mine planning software, preferably VENTSIM;
- Experience in Alimak Mining, Sublevel Open Stoping mining in narrow reef;
- Ability to plan, monitor, evaluate and prioritise task;
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills;
- Good people management and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Competitive salary USD
- Ghanaian Nationals ONLY
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.camining.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.