Reference Number: 2021 25 VG
Our client is looking for a Chief Metallurgical Engineer to implement and run the metallurgical department. The candidate must have experience in metallurgical and mineral processing, as well as a strong technical background and the ability to work in remote, challenging jurisdictions.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Overseeing metallurgical and process engineering study work programs.
- Interface with other technical and non-technical workstreams.
- Perform tradeoffs on the selection of processing methods, equipment selection, plant layouts etc required to support a mining operation.
- Prepare and/or supervise the creation of capital and operating cost estimates for the processing related activities
- Assume responsibility for assessing conceptual and detailed design in compliance with the proposed project specifications, international codes and standards and good engineering practices.
- Ensuring compliance with respect to company standard operating procedures.
- Management of contractors and consultants.
- Preparation of health and safety SoP’s for the companies processing operations
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets if required.
- Implementing training and mentoring programs for exploration geologists and other staff.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree in mineral processing, chemical engineering or similar from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant field-based experience on advanced exploration projects and large scale processing facilities as well as gold plants.
- A minimum of four - five years of direct porphyry copper-gold operations and mineral processing and design, with a proven ability to advance such deposits through feasibility.
- A member in good standing of a recognized professional organization, allowing for sign-off on code compliant technical reports.
- A valid driving license
- Experience of bacterial leaching would be an advantage.
- Experience of geometallurgical processes and modelling would be an advantage.
- Rotation is 9/3
- Business flights and accommodation is provided.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vivienne Gower
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.