Reference Number: 449 1101 MHU
Our client is a mining services company with a large focus on the African continent. This is a crucial role within the company as the successful incumbent will direct all activities of the Company in the respective countries. Lead a safety driven culture and deliver the P&L growth. This role reports directly into the CEO.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop a substantial Southern / Eastern Africa Business: Revenue >USD15m.pa by 2022
- Business Development: Win additional contracts in East Africa. Tanzania; Ethiopia; Saudi Arabia; Egypt; Botswana; Namibia
- East Africa Hub Lab
- Determine best location taking into account local market and logistics from neighboring countries
- Capital efficient development
- Operational: East Africa Hub lab: including ISO17025 on core methods
- Nominal 25k Samples per month capacity in 2022 with basis for expansion to 50k samples per month
- Assessment and implementation (if appropriate) of a Regional Logistics hub including bonded warehouse
- Introduction of Oil Condition Monitoring offering to the mining market – in conjunction with the GM Projects and Mine Site Maintenance (a Group entity)
- East Africa Strategy: Work with the CEO and ELT on a broader strategy for expansion across the whole region
- Manage, lead and co-ordinate to ensure monthly financial and operational targets are achieved
- Ensure high laboratory utilisation is maintained through effective planning with clients and carrying out Business Development
- Deliver on client contracted metrics such as Turnaround Time and Quality
- Develop strong relationships with all mining and exploration companies in the region at a senior level.
- Ensure Company creates a well-respected brand for quality, fast TAT and responsive communication
- Have strong relationships with all key related Government entities
- Provide management, leadership, direction and assistance to ensure that Laboratory Managers have clear direction on operational requirements
- Ensure company systems are utilised in accordance with group policies
- Liaise with regional Laboratory Managers and BD personnel to ensure new business opportunities are developed, and existing client plans are clear and communicated monthly at management level.
- Ensure Company safety standards, policies and procedures are implemented, communicated and adhered to, to ensure best practice safety is maintained
- Ensure regional operations deliver community assistance to enable the Company name to be recognized as a local participant in the community
- Monitor the scheduling and direction of laboratory activities to ensure efficient allocation of resources throughout the region.
- Report as required to the CEO
- Ensure cost effectiveness through adherence to budgets.
- Ensure operations maintenance plans are developed to improve equipment availabilities.
- Review all Assay / Service contracts as required
- Other duties as directed
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a senior management position
- Experience in exploration / geology / geochemistry
- Must have a strong knowledge of the drilling industry
- Experience working for a mining services provider highly advantageous
- Sound people management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Commercial experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Good mechanical understanding
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment / processes would be valuable
- Strong written and communication skills, interpersonal skills and leadership capability
- FIFO expat position
- Must be fit and able to perform the inherent requirements of the job
- Responsible for ensuring necessary vaccinations are kept updated
- Ability and willingness to travel
- African based candidates will be given preference
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.