Reference Number: 2O21_5VG
Our client is looking for a HR Director at their large mining operation in West Africa.
He or she will be responsible for overseeing human resources function including planning, development and implementation of employee HR policy, procedures, systems and processes.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- To effectively implement HR strategies and initiatives in a high-pressure and remote work environment
- To develop a workforce that is capable of meeting corporate and site specified KPI’s and objectives
- To build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders that result in a performance-based culture in an international environment (Senegalese, French, Australians, South Africans employees)
- Be a promoter, mentor, and supporter for the management team in terms of problem solving, collaboration, professional development & organization optimization
- Develop and implement site-based HR policies and procedures regarding recruitment, career management, compensation, performance appraisal, training and development, internal communication, in keeping with the companies standards and relevant legal requirements
- Oversee the department’s daily activities and processes including payroll, performance management, termination and recruitment
- Manage all industrial and employee relations matters, reporting to the CEO
- Develop an appropriate employee relations system to ensure employee issues are handled in a fair and equitable manner according to relevant legislation and internal policies and procedures
- Oversee the annual HR department budgeting and planning program with input from CEO to ensure the department is efficiently and appropriately resourced
- Ensure the quality control of wage determination, negotiations, and adjustments
- Residentially based (Mine from Mon – Fri) and city based on weekends
- French speaking with good understanding of French Law (West Africa and Francophone Africa)
- Reporting to CEO / General Manager
- Previous experience as HR Director
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, ideally with a major employer or employers in the natural resources industry, with deep skills and hands on experience in several facets of Human Resources particularly policy
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mining industry
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vivienne Gower
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.