Reference Number: RSB022
A well-known investment trust based in Gauteng, South Africa is looking to hire an Investment Analyst to join their team. The position reports to the Head of Investment and their primary role is to ensure dividends are effectively invested in various financial assets to create wealth for the beneficiaries of the organization.
- Perform continuous research on investment activities and make recommendations to Head of Investments.
- Conduct due diligence on approved investment proposals and submit recommendations from approval to the Head of investments.
- Perform valuations on new and existing investment proposals.
- Advise on various financial structuring mechanisms and scenarios, when requested.
- Maintain accurate operational and investment financial models to keep track of key performance indicators.
- Monitor and review existing investment portfolio.
- Recommend and implement remedial actions when required.
- Monitor relevant Service Level Agreements and periodic reports for the Investment department.
- Ensure financial reporting, systems and processes of portfolio companies meet the required standards.
- Financial Management:
- Provide input into annual budget planning process and submit to line management for approval.
- Support identification, implementation, and development of processes to optimize cost efficiency.
- Interpret business plan and develop operational and labour budget for the portfolio companies.
- Stakeholder Relationships:
- Build, support, and maintain healthy, diverse internal and external relationships to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
- Implement remedial actions where required.
- Provide specialized professional support to internal and external stakeholders to ensure achievement of departmental and organizational objectives.
- People Management:
- Complete Individual Development Plan.
- Attend learning and development courses.
- Participate in peer and team learning initiatives.
- Governance, Compliance and Risk Management:
- Manage InvestCo’s risk exposure through identifying, implementing and maintenance of risk control measures to minimize InvestCo’s liability.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of organizational standards, policies, and procedures within span of control and monitor implementation to ensure full compliance.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to safety and statutory regulations, organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure remedial actions are implemented timeously to address non-conformances.
- Ensure effective and regular communication of new statutory regulations, organizational standards, policies, and procedures to ensure full awareness amongst employees and contractors.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- An appropriate qualification Postgraduate Diploma / Degree / NQF Level 8 Honours in Investment (CA(SA) / CFA Level III).
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience as an operational Investment Analyst.
- Strong knowledge of Commodity markets.
- Strong understanding and background in Funds / Investment management.
- Own reliable transport and flexibility to travel is required (Code B Motor Driver’s License is essential).
- Fluency in Setswana.
- Proficient in full MS Office package (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Being able to work well under pressure and available to work on weekends when required.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively, and creatively across different constituencies.
- Persuasiveness, Decision-making skills, Planning and Organizing skills.
- Facilitation skills, Problem solving, Planning and Organizing.
- Excellent Communication skills and Presentation skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills, Negotiation skills & Conflict handing skills.
- 5 years, Fixed-Term contract.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.