Reference Number: 453 2701 MHU
The principal purpose of this role is for the delivery of training and assessment of students and the review of learning materials and assessment tools within the organization and to deliver training to groups of varying sizes in accordance with the training schedule. This role reports into the High Risk and Process Safety Superintendent.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- To be a role model and effect sustainable improvement in supervisory and workforce practices to deliver on current and future business needs
- Zero harm to personnel, business partners, the environment and impacted communities
- Provide and drive safety support for the site.
- Coaching and development of national training team
- Present for work in a fit healthy state and inform supervisor of any illness or medication that may impact fitness for work.
- Attend all pre-shift meetings, toolbox meetings and weekly Safety Meetings and Communication Meetings
- Report all hazards or potential hazards, unsafe or unsatisfactory practices, incidents, personal injury or near misses immediately to your supervisor
- Implement and manage all high risk training for all site personnel
- Develop and promote good communications and professional relationships between all levels of staff and employees on site
- Plan, organise and direct resources in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Driving operational discipline in alignment with business priorities and expectations through clearly defining what is expected, ensuring understanding of expectations, verifying that expectations are delivered on and leading by example
- Collaborate with peers and management in identifying and pursuing cross discipline initiatives to deliver on business needs
- Instill a no-nonsense high-performance culture of operational discipline and accountability; ensures effective communications across work areas, clarity of expectations and continuous review of performance measures to consistently deliver the business objectives
- Deliver on the Nationals advancement commitments through succession planning and workplace opportunity creation
- Lead, coach, mentor and support employees and direct reports to understand and deliver on the planning commitments
- Drive the implementation strategies to maximise asset potential and deliver on the plans; aligning resources, people, succession plans and development.
- Deliver high risk training and assessment services
- Ensure content and delivery of accredited courses meets the site standards
- Assist with site preparation for theory-based class-room component
- Perform other duties as directed by the High Risk and Process Safety Principal
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40116 or equivalent)
- Experience in the delivery of high-risk training
- Current vocational competency
- Proven industry experience
- Demonstrated competence in the facilitation of both group and individual learning
- Experience within mining in Africa
- Possess strong mentoring and leadership capabilities
- Expat position
- African based candidates given preference
- 4/2 roster
- 12-month fixed term contract with the possibility of an extended 2 years
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.