Reference Number: SRZ004
Our client a Microfinance organization is currently looking to recruit a Group Head of Sales and Marketing to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa working in Africa, reporting to the Managing Director. The incumbent will be responsible for challenging the status quo on the company brand, CI, marketing strategy, suppliers / partners in the countries they operate in; Being - South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and Zambia. This role will best suit a candidate who has a strong background in terms of digital marketing, social media, reputation management and brand building.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The person must be able to research and construct a business case/strategy to effectively target the correct distribution channels for their chosen customer segments, push sales and retention, measure and improve customer service and support the right recruitment in their countries to deliver on company goals.
- Segments include: Customers, Entrepreneurs and SME’s
- Critical is to motivate the teams and agent / broker networks, increase their market share and structure the correct incentive plans, fee structures and loyalty programmes to drive desired behavior.
- Must be a natural problem solver and able to work in ambiguous environment of Africa
- In Africa, change and driving new ideas are often difficult with staff, agents/brokers, customers and suppliers. This person must be able to think out the box and take people along with him/her.
- 10 – 12 Years in Sales and marketing experience is essential and ideally in the fintech space, with a track record in electronic distribution (web and apps) but also a call centre, broker network and retail footprint.
- Relevant Business Degree (MBA will be beneficial)