Senior Reliability Engineer (Asset Performance / Equipment Efficiency / GCC / MHSA) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference Number: 70 0102 RR
Develop, maintain, and improve safe operational and engineering standards. Improve equipment reliability through Physical Asset Management processes (such as routine work management, shutdown management, maintenance tactics, Reliability Centered Maintenance evaluation, CMMS (SAP PM operational processes) and equipment specific root cause analyses and improvement. Full realization of value from interfaces with other departments (e.g. Supply Chain Management).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Track and implement initiatives regarding physical asset performance
- Assume responsibility for effectiveness of preventative maintenance management of all plant and infrastructure machines, systems, and practices
- Limit failures and optimize processes under area of responsibility
- Facilitate root cause analyses
- Identify and initiate projects or initiatives to improve physical asset performance
- Initiate continuous improvement initiatives leading to reliability improvement and cost savings whilst keeping abreast of new developments within specialist fields
- Liaise with other departments toward evaluating new technologies to improve process capabilities, physical asset performance, product quality and throughput requirements
- Support the meeting of production demands by providing the highest possible uptime at the lowest possible equipment/asset lifecycle cost
- Develop, maintain, and improve safe operational- and engineering standards and continuously review specifications and schedules. (Compliance, Governance and Assurance)
- Ensure equipment integrity is maintained according to safety standards.
- Maintain related systems, aligned with Company safety standards, occupational health, safety, Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA) and environment registers, International Organisation of Standards (ISO) 14000; 9000 and 18001 systems.
- Manage and control the quality of maintenance consumable and equipment.
- Conduct timeous investigation of incidents and failures and ensure that adequate corrective and preventive remedial actions are implemented.
- Provide a professional/specialist advisory support service regarding production/product quality across different levels within the organisation
- Attend to breakdowns whilst maintaining set production targets
- Ensure the optimal use of available resources (people and equipment)
- Manage physical assets, contracts, plant shutdowns and conduct troubleshooting to identify root cause for substandard operating conditions
- Develop and implement change initiatives to drive performance excellence for maintenance activities
- Complete, process and update all records and related documentation
- Adhere to functional policies, standards, guidelines, procedures, end- to-end processes, tools, templates etc.
- Assist in standardizing, simplifying and speeding-up functional processes, eliminating duplication/bureaucracy
- Apply functional best practices, promote sharing of best practices/knowledge
- Evaluate and complete maintenance projects with minimum risk, within allocated timeframes and according to specified budgetary requirements
- Manage projects regarding equipment
- Maintain and ensure a healthy environment, safe operations, and practices
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) policies and procedures in line with set standards
- Encourage a culture that focuses on safety in all operations
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BSc Engineering (Essential/Minimum)
- B Eng (Relevant) (Essential/Minimum)
- Gov Cert of Competence: Engineering
- Engineering Council of SA (PrEng)
- Management Development Programme
- Psychometric Assessment
- Certificate of Fitness
- South African Citizens are encourage to Apply
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Annual Package
- Annual Performance Incentives
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.