Reference Number: 98 27 01 MNW
Our Client, an international laboratory and inspection services company, is looking for a Regional Operations Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa to join their team. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operational functions of their division within and will provide technical support and strategic planning to the business to meet and reduce turnaround time targets.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Managing all of the relevant instrumentation such as ICP-AES , XRF , Leco , AAS , Wet Chemistry
- Develop and implement projects align to business strategy
- Monitor and report on technical projects at Exco level
- Research and keeping abreast with new technology, trends and changes within the industry.
- Monthly reports including departmental projected budget
- Present to and consult with management on departmental challenges, market trends and information feedback
- Institute sound cost saving initiatives at all times within the Technical section to ensure financial targets are met
- Define, plan, and oversee sound system changes and improvement projects periodically to facilitate continuous operational improvement, productivity initiatives, and production efficiencies
- Alert the management to key emerging risk areas
- Make input to improve risk mitigation strategies
- Actively participate in crisis management activities as and when required
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A bachelor level tertiary qualification in Chemistry, Science/Instrumentation. BSc Honours in Chemistry would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a Senior Manager role in ICP-AES, ICP-MS, XRF, Leco, AAS, Wet chemistry, HG Specialty
- Proven track record in a commercial analytical laboratory or related industry / environment
- Knowledge of ISO17025 accreditation system.
- Will be expected to travel as needed to regions
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions