CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR025
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The Consultant, Guarantee (FECONTRAF), will be responsible for developing, structuring, and executing Food Emergency Contingent Trade Financing Facility and other unfunded transactions under the Bank’s guarantee programme (AFGAP). The position holder will be part of the Guarantee and Specialised Finance function, whose main objectives include:
- Managing the Afreximbank Guarantee Programme (AFGAP) under which the Bank deploy its risk bearing instruments to promote trade and trade-related investments in Africa to advance its Exim-plus objectives.
- Fostering partnership with relevant institutions including ECAs, DFIs, Multilaterals, insurance entities, commercial banks, guarantee and other specialised finance institutions to advance realization of the AFGAP objectives.
- Using the Bank’s guarantee programme and other instruments to leverage resources (local and international), to de-risk and create capacity to help support growing demand for trade finance in Africa
- Structuring bankable transactions using appropriate risk enhancement and other risk mitigation instruments of the Bank to advance overall achievement of the Bank’s strategic goals.
- Ensuring that appropriate re-guarantee or similar instruments are used in structuring deals to ensure optimisation of capital usage and overall balance sheet management of the Bank.
- Working closely with key internal parties to ensure seamless and successful implementation and operation of the Bank’s guarantee programme including FECONTRAF.
- Leading business development of the AFGAP by growing the Bank’s guarantees portfolio including identifying and vetting prospective clients in partnership with relevant internal deal teams.
- Marketing of the Bank’s Guarantee Programme by actively working with relevant internal and external partners to market the Bank’s guarantee programme to clients including potential clients and other users of the programme.
- Deal Origination and Structuring:
- Work closely with client relationship team to secure FECONTRAF and other unfunded risk mandates from member countries of the Bank exposed to catastrophic and food emergency issues.
- Identify, negotiate, and execute FECONTRAF and other guarantee related transactions using AFGAP and other related arrangements.
- Co-ordinate client due diligence, deal structuring, pricing, and finance documents negotiations.
- Build and or evaluate appropriate parametric and financial models required to support deployment of the FECONTRAF.
- Work closely with client relationship team, Africa Risk Capacity, World Food Program, other unfunded risk partners, national planning agencies, relevant sector ministries of target countries, commercial banks, DFIs, multilaterals and commodity traders involved in food business, to identify transactions to be supported under the FECONTRAF.
- Actively market FECONTRAF and other guarantee products of the Bank to African sovereigns, sub-sovereigns, multilaterals, corporates, and other institutions involved in food and food emergency activities.
- Coordinate and/or participate in deal roadshows and co-financing partner calling programmes to support expansion of the Bank’s guarantee programme including FECONTRAF and other specialised finance activities.
- Provide feedback and lead to other origination teams on potential opportunity that you might come across relating to projects, export development, capital market and trade transactions that will help the Bank to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain a diversified network of guarantee and other specialised risk mitigation solution partners including parametric insurers, international agencies, DFIs, national planning agencies, multilaterals, commercial banks (local and international), among others.
- Work closely with Client Relationship team to develop and maintain strong network of senior level sovereign and sub-sovereign policy makers including national planning authorities, in-country food, and food emergency entities(Food Reserve Agencies), among others.
- Manage the Bank’s relationships with wide network of professional advisors, consultants, and deal originators to facilitate deal due diligence.
- Design and implement enhanced cooperation with Africa Risk Capacity and other international and local entities involved in food and food emergency related activities.
- Work closely with internal parties including relevant committees to ensure effective deployment and utilisation of the FECONTRAF.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Finance, Banking, Economics, Management, or a related field from a good university. A professional qualification in Finance, Banking, Risk Management, Accounting insurance or International Trade Finance and related disciplines may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Sound experience of at least 8 years in a leading organisation, and familiarity and working knowledge in guarantees, food emergency programs, risk underwriting involving trade, parametric risks, export credit etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in sovereign and sub-sovereign relationship or corporate and investment banking with proven background in risk management, financial modelling, credit analysis, and corporate finance.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Constructive deal team leadership and strong teamwork approach.
- Ability to engage senior officials of government, international organisations, and corporates to sell the Bank’s guarantee and other specialised finance products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (French , Arabic and Portuguese) is an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.
- Sales, marketing, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financing programmes offered by specialised guarantee institutions, insurance institutions, development agencies involved in food and food emergency issues among others.
- Proven ability to win mandates with minimal supervision and proven ability to execute and close strategic transactions.
- 12 – month, fixed term contract, with the potential of renewal.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.