Our client is looking for a Construction Manager to assist with their expansion in West Africa. The candidate will have the overall responsibility for direction and delivery of project execution/construction outcomes within safety, schedule, cost, quality and environmental criteria for the project.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Oversees the management of site construction activities necessary to attain project scope including fabrication, assembly, erection and installation of facilities
- Oversees the management of pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover activities undertaken to bring project scope into production
- Ensure required construction funding for project is provided in a responsible and timely manner including provision of information necessary for budget submissions, funding approvals, financial forecasts and vendor payment approvals.
- Selection and implementation of appropriate construction systems and technology to support project controls including safety management, engineering design, document control, scheduling, resource management, financial management and reporting.
- Establish a system to manage construction “Requests for information” and “Technical queries” raised with the Owner’s Project Team by the construction contractors to ensure the flow of information is controlled, recorded and time frames are met.
- Participate in project close out review and post investment reviews where required.
- Provide leadership necessary to ensure that construction employees and any contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that meet or exceed industry standards and any applicable legislation.
- Ensure all department personnel are adequately inducted in their work area and are aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at the workplace.
- Ensuring the awareness of all departmental personnel.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Construction Manager (Post Grad. Degree, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate)
- Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
- Proven experience on a large project construction environment at senior level on
- Mining, Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Capital Projects US$800 million
- Executing and constructing Brownfield Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Projects (minimum 3 years) to the value of a minimum of 500 million USD in bulk materials or hard rock mining
- Proven multi discipline, construction based EPCM/ECM Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Project delivery experience in similar projects and industry
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vivienne Gower
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.