Reference Number: LEEFDS01
Our client is seeking an internationally experienced Operations professional within the Transport space to fill the position of Head of Operations in Kampala, Uganda. The person should develop and continuously review the system for the provision of the day-to-day bus transport services to Kampala and metropolitan areas as per Metro Company’s strategic plan and guidelines. This position is a 2 year secondment to Kampala, Uganda.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Set the direction and priorities for the Operation teams with a goal of providing safe, reliable and efficient bus services.
- Supervise seven operating bases (Depots) and the support units.
- Promote efficiencies that are in line with the bus industry best practices.
- Act as an agent for change and process improvement.
- Serve as a member of the Management team in setting priorities, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Design and communicate workflow process and KPIs for the Operational team as per TMC’s strategic goal.
- Develop and implement controls to guard against revenue spillage.
- Manage the fleet so as to optimally utilized the buses on the road to increase revenue.
- Build and maintain good relationship with local authorities with regards to road regulation aspects.
- Establish and monitor performance-reporting systems, i.e. performance against goals, revenue updates to CEO and CFO etc.
- Regularly evaluate operating procedures and create centralized best practices within the different depots to ensure standard performance throughout.
- Master’s Degree in related field: technical business, transport administration, transport planning or any equivalent.
- Proven track record of 6+ years of experience in a bus transport operation in similar positions.
- Successful experience in managing large passenger transport operations, large fleet management.
- Multi-site management experience in large geographical areas.
- Experience working knowledge of budgeting, business development and strategic planning.
- Strategic visionary with a focus on the future of Transit:
- Knowledge of current and developing technologies to assist Bus Transit in continuing to provide cost-effective, environmentally-friendly transit services.
- Track record of innovation.
- This a full-time secondment for a duration of 2 years in Kampala, Uganda.