Reference Number: SFRSB022
A well – known & well – established microfinance organization is looking to hire an Investment Manager for its Egypt office. The position reports to the Investment Executive. Within the organization, the position has primary working relationships with the in-country investment team. Externally, the IM works mostly with referral networks and clients.
- The role’s key purpose is to create sustainable impact through serving entrepreneurs in the SME sector with risk capital and business support, helping them to realize their full business potential and achieve long- term success.
- The investment manager delivers tangible value to the SME clients and by doing so, achieves financial and impact returns on his / her transactions.
- A secondary purpose is to develop and share within the organization’s network knowledge and expertise in SME investment and support, including lessons learnt.
- Key Performance Areas:
- Deal referral networks
- Identify, develop, and maintain deal referral networks
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of such networks. Record all applications on Efront.
- Transaction performance
- Identify prospect needs and effectively sell the organization’s value offering to fulfil these needs.
- Structure viable transactions in line with the organization’s investment and pricing policy and product parameters.
- SGB sustainability & growth
- Support the client in developing and implementing a robust business plan, financial plan and risk assessment and mitigation plan.
- Conduct a quarterly, formal portfolio visit and record the results on Efront.
- Client satisfaction
- Clearly communicate the organization’s value offering to clients and educate clients on the target market and risk appetite of the relevant fund.
- Act as a trusted advisor and soundboard to the entrepreneur.
- Investment expertise & knowledge
- Share success, knowledge and experience among the team and the wider network.
- Actively contribute to the team and collaborate within and across teams.
- 3+ years of a demonstrated track record in investing or financing SMEs.
- Advanced degree required. An MBA is preferred, as well as CFA or ACCA.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent credit management skills.
- Excellent deal origination skills and a well-developed network with the local SME business and finance community.
- Written and spoken language fluency in English essential.
- Key Attribute and Competencies:
- Relating and networking.
- Presenting and communicating information.
- Applying expertise and technology.
- Learning and researching.
- Planning and organizing.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com/jobs for the latest CA Finance jobs.
CA Finance: Global Recruitment
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not yet had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.