Our client within the retail financial services space is seeking a key and pivotal CFO who will spearhead the company’s growth and expansion. This role will take specific responsibility for ensuring that this is done with optimal finance arrangements, both equity and debt funding, as well as with appropriate and sufficient internal controls to manage all and any associated risks in such a dynamic growth stage. This will also entail, by virtue of the group’s multinational presence, a treasury and foreign exchange exposure element and minimizing tax charges and tax risks across the various jurisdictions.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Oversee daily processing and maintenance of accounting records for all operational companies.
- Review of all daily bank reconciliations.
- Authorisation of daily disbursements and refunds as well as distribution of payment files to the bank by bank cut off times.
- Management and maintenance of property development accounting records for current and future developments.
- Oversee clearing account management and assist in the resolution of queries.
- Review of treasury function to ensure that all the operational and Mauritian companies are sufficiently funded.
- Prepare monthly cash-flow forecast used for liquidity and gap analysis.
- Oversee all companies, statutory and tax related matters.
- Review of month-end inter-company revaluations and interest calculations.
- Review of month-end and year-end tax computations.
- Review of monthly Exco reports and distribution of the same within prescribed deadlines.
- Managing and controlling the month end close process and producing all month end deliverables.
- Review of month-end files.
- Attendance of Exco meetings.
- Review of year-end audit files and active participation in the audit of all operational and operational companies.
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for all operational countries.
- Review of best practices from a workflow perspective and “value-add” to the finance services provided to all the operational countries.
- Weekly communication with group finance to discuss progress on deliverables.
- Management and coaching of all financial staff.
- Work with the CEO to ensure strategic aims are met.
- Interact with Partners in the absence of the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and deputise for the CEO.
- Have a macro understanding of the company’s financial affairs and optimise at all times.
- The candidate must be a registered Chartered Accountant.
- The candidate must have no less than TEN to FIFTEEN years relevant, post articles, working experience.
- The candidate should have strong tax and balance sheet skills.
- Articles should ideally have been completed at one of the “big” 4 audit firms.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Chief Financial Officer or as a Financial Manager of a large company (preferably listed) that operates on various platforms and within various countries.
- Previous experience within the retail industry will be highly advantageous.
- Previous exposure to Africa or an emerging market will be advantageous.