PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Ensuring the compliance of accurate financial reporting in line with US GAAP and Group Accounting Policies
Providing accurate and timely service to internal customers
Ensuring that company policy, accounting standards and legal requirements are met at all times
Acting with integrity and diligence to enforce internal controls and company policy.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that Financial Records of the company present a true and fair view by collaborating with local and global stakeholders.
- Ensure that comprehensive files of all supporting and authorizing documentation are maintained by the team locally and in the Shares Services centers.
- Monitoring of GL accounts to ensure accuracy and review of identified balance sheet reconciliations.
- Approving of journal entries.
- Provide full support for USGAAP to IFRS conversion
- VIM non-PO invoice approval and clearing of VIM inbox
- Approving of payments in line with exchange control.
- Perform SOX controls as needed and monitor general SOX and internal control compliance
- Devise and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with internal audits, external audits, SARS and SARB audit requests
- Support month-end closing activities
- Support the fixed asset function with good collaboration between shared service center and local teams
- Attend adhoc stock counts - review and maintenance of a good control environment
- Support the factory function with good collaboration between shared service center and local teams
- Full ownership of accounting of leases
Qualified CIMA/CTA/ CA (SA) Accountant
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 2 - 3 years post qualified experience. Big 4 preferred
- Financial Accounting experience in a medium or large company.
- Previous supervision of staff preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, PC literate, Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Previous experience working with SAP
- Knowledge of internal control and good corporate governance
- Be a self-motivated team player who is able to work with minimum supervision