Senior Vice President - Processing (PGM / Leadership / Pr.Eng / Metallurgy ) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: 80 1802 RR
To lead the strategic planning and implementation thereof for all processing sections (concentrators, refineries, and smelter) across the SA PGM Operating Segment. To ensure efficient communication and integration with the EVP SA PGM Segment, COO and external parties as required (including but not exclusively final customers, third party customers, communities, regulatory bodies, industry bodies). Responsibilities include ongoing operational excellence including delivery of operational efficiencies and cost control, development and implementation of sustainable strategies including sourcing of third-party material for toll processing, introduction of operational improvements and technology innovation, ESG coordination and the development and delivery of capital strategies. Successfully partnering with stakeholders, influencing internal delivery and optimization of current processes and practices to realize shareholder value.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Content Provide guidance by directing the delivery of the processing team in accordance with the approved strategic objectives.
- Actively manage successful delivery of processing performance through key objectives governed by an inclusive culture within a well-defined compliance and regulatory framework
- Review & Develop all-encompassing executable plans that are aligned to the strategic objectives
- Continuously benchmarking with world- class practices and aligning current and/or new systems.
- Lead the development of the overall processing strategic plan, architecture, and operating philosophy
- Ensure a favorable institutional image for the SA PGM Segment, through business and social responsibility actions within the processing environment.
- Develop strategies and policies to ensure operational synergy and excellence within the processing business units.
- Direct and guide the business improvement initiatives to ensure continuous growth and enhancement of current strategic objectives within the processing environment.
- Search for alternative ways to reposition the processing units to operate in the bottom quarter of the safety and cost curve
- Evaluate, integrate, and resource appropriate new technologies within the processing environment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- NQF 8 Engineering degree / M.Tech in Metallurgy or Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Have at least 15 years’ experience in an operational role within a metallurgical environment, of which 10 years should be at a senior management level.
- NQF 9 (Master’s Degree) in M.Eng degree (Chemical or Metallurgy) or MSc Metallurgy or MSc Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry or MBA | Advantageous
- Registered Professional Engineer (ECSA) | Advantageous
- Senior Leadership Role (F Band)
- Highly Competitive annual package + LTI and STI’s
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Executive
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.