A well – known Mauritian commercial bank is looking to hire an Assistant Company Secretary. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Company Secretary in the day-to-day secretarial functions as well as effectively coordinate all related tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepare the agenda in consultation with the Chairman of Bank Management Committees and the other documents for all the meetings of the committees.
- Arrange with and to call and hold meetings of Bank Management Committees and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- Assist the company secretary in all matters pertaining to Board and Board Committees.
- Assist the company secretary in ensuring compliance of the provisions of statutory Law and rules made there-under and other statutes and by laws of the Bank.
- Maintaining and safekeeping of statutory records, to ensure accuracy and timely provision of information to third party.
- Assist the company secretary to see whether legal requirements of the allotment, issuance and transfer of share certificates, mortgages, and charges have been complied with.
- Filling of various documents / returns as required under the provisions of Statutory Law.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and regulatory environment and taking appropriate actions.
- Preparation of forms / documents for certification by company secretary.
- Assist the Company Secretary in issuing notice and agenda of the general meetings to the shareholders.
- Keep abreast of changes in good corporate governance, company laws and Bank of Mauritius regulations.
- ICSA qualification required.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as an Assistant Company Secretary.
- Experience in Banking sector would be an advantage.
- MS Office Tools, Board Software Tool.
- Proven experience drafting of minutes and resolutions.
- Advanced written communication skills in English and French.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com/jobs for the latest CA Finance jobs.
CA Finance: Global Recruitment
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not yet had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.