Reference Number: 103 26 22 MNW
Our client, a successful player in the international mining industry, is currently seeking a Shift Boss to join their operations in Africa. This key position will provide an excellent opportunity to further develop your career and work alongside experienced Underground Mining professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment. You will also be capable of leading and training national supervisors to a high level of proficiency.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- To oversee the day to day operation of shift workers and equipment usage at an underground mine site,
- To ensure all workers on shift are trained and competent to always perform their duties safely and productively.
- Training of National Supervisors and workforce to a high standard
- Ensure mining operations are conducted in a safe manner and any safety issues are promptly reported to the Underground Manager.
- Ensure targets are met.
- Perform the daily management, control and supervision of the working areas in accordance with all relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Oversee the mines interest with regard to duty of care to all employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
- Organise crews, rosters and day to day running of the site.
- Conduct daily work planning meetings / toolbox meetings.
- Submit incident reports in writing to the Site Manager.
- Carry out crew training, practical assessments and review each employee's development, mentoring and performance.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Underground Shift Supervisors role.
- Have a current Underground Shift Supervisors Ticket.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions