Reference Number: JLOLUL10
My client is currently looking for a Compliance Officer to join their global FinTech company. The primary responsibility for this role is to serve as an ambassador for the companies’ compliance culture and standards, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behaviour; and to raise awareness of regulatory requirements and compliance policies. In addition, to provide an advisory role for regulatory aspects across the business, ensuring best practice and adherence to the compliance and regulatory policies and procedures
- Complete KYC/DDF quality assurance for North America merchants and vendors.
- Maintain regulatory licenses for North America
- Regulatory reporting and filling
- Regulatory liaison
- Leading related audits and own remediation of any audit findings.
- Ensure operations in North America is in compliance with all regulatory obligation including schemes/acquiring bank rules.
- Build trust with the regulators, acquiring banks and card/payment schemes.
- Consistent monitoring of merchants leveraging monitoring tools & reports.
- Manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests and proactively communicate regulatory changes and notifiable events.
- Review and test risk and compliance programs and processes. Identify gaps and take ownership of resolution.
- Act as the in-country Money Laundering Reporting Officer. Taking responsibility for AML and Financial Crime compliance in North America
- Support and advise the North American business leads on compliance matters.
- Spearhead the drive for automation of all compliance processes
- To develop, implement and maintain Business Continuity plans for North America
- Provide support for the process of maintaining externally accredited quality management systems – ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2012 – assisting when undertaking the management review and particularly the review of the internal audit reporting system.
- Maintain an up to date high level of knowledge and understanding of internal policies and procedures, including 'Compliance’, 'Prevention of Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing’, 'Financial Crime’, 'Customer Due Diligence’, 'Treating Customers Fairly’, 'Complaints Management’, 'Client Assets’, 'Anti-Bribery and Corruption’, 'Conflicts of Interest’, 'Market Abuse and Personal Dealing’, 'Gifts, Benefits and Entertainment’.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in compliance and/or risk functions in the financial services industry, preferably in fintech/payments
- In depth knowledge of the regulatory compliance and risk issues which the company could potentially experience in North America
- Practical knowledge of payment network rules and acquiring risk standards.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as PowerBI and Google Data Studio
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time
- Be a national or resident of North America