Processing Manager (Residential / Copper / Gold / Greenfields / Process Plant / Metallurgy) – Muscat, Oman
Reference Number: 86 1503 RR
The Process Manager will be a highly experienced mining industry executive capable of taking a copper-gold project through design review, construction, commissioning phases and into operational phase. The role covers the construction, commissioning and operation of the processing plant, laboratory, tailings storage facility, water supply, and concentrate handling areas and all associated infrastructures.
The role requires previous experience in the commissioning and operation of mineral processing plants, preferably base metals and gold. The role requires a history of achievement in these mineral processing industries. The incumbent will also need skills in working with multi-cultural work groups and be able to communicate effectively with many diverse cultural teams
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Liaise with the Construction Manager to ensure focus is maintained on providing a quality processing plant.
- Proactive involvement in the construction activities to ensure process design requirements are implemented.
- Build Production budget for commissioning and early operating phases.
- Build cost budget, including all costs associated with the process plant (power, reagents, maintenance, salaries and on-costs).
- Operational Readiness for the Process Plant
- Recruitment of process Teams
- Training of teams in all aspects of Plant operation
- Process Plant operating procedures prepared
- Process Plant safe working instructions (SWIs) prepared
- Maintenance Plan and maintenance system in place
- Reagent supplies onsite and contracts for supply in place
- Tailings Storage Facility operation plan in place
- Water management plan
- Routine reporting plan in place, notify significant variations to management team.
- Champion risk-based management of HSEC for the Process team. Lead initiatives for hazard identification and risk reduction such as HAZOPs, risk assessments, inspections
- HSE Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all HSE instructions are fully understood and complied with
- Must lead the HSE standards on site during construction and commissioning and ensure that everyone understands and follows the company standards and procedures
- Must demonstrate total commitment to the company safety policies through participation and proactive involvement
- Must ensure that all relevant safety procedures and practices are followed during performing operations
- Responsible for reporting HSE incident, near misses and violation to immediate supervisor or through safety system software as appropriate
- Responsible to participate in safety meetings and safety drills held on board and ensures operations abide by established/HSE operating procedures and practices and equipment is used within predetermined capacities
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering preferred. However other mining related qualifications will also be considered.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mining including at least 3 years in management of similar processing plants
- Experience with commissioning processing plants in the mineral processing industry, particularly in projects of greater than OMR 40million (USD $100million) capex
- Demonstrated organizational Skills for leading a team including – Budgeting, recruitment, liaising with suppliers and mentoring of team.
- Technical understanding of the process.
- Proven leadership ability, drive and commitment.
- Effective relationship building skills with suppliers and contractors.
- Articulate and clear writing style, with proven experience of writing internal communications.
- Capability to interact with organizations at the highest level
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural work environment.