Our client is looking for a Project Geologist to provide excellence in the execution, supervision and management of safe discovery programs in Angola.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Participate in the planning and execution of discovery programs and preparation of technical proposals, bringing the appropriate technical support
- Accountable for acquisition (e.g. soil-, stream-, rock-sampling, etc), field mapping at various scales (.e.g. 1:25,000 to 1:5,000)compilation, integration and interpretation of geoscientific data at prospect-, district- and country-scale
- Provide critical input into Discovery planning and tactics development for projects being supervised
- Produce internal and external progress reports
- Ownership of QA/QC of the various work-flows to ensure best quality data is obtained
- Manage and maintain field activities on budget and plan
- Accountable for self-development and development of teams through the provision of tools such as coaching, mentoring and career mapping
- Contractor supervision and/or management (e.g. drilling contractors, etc.)
- Mentoring and training of Discovery Geologists
- Regular, ongoing communication with both site and office based senior staff to ensure a coordinated operational effort
- Accountable and committed with the maintenance of social license to operate, executing technical work programmes under organizations standards, collaborating and coordinating with SHEC coordinators.
- Ensure all field activities are conducted according to the Discovery SHEC Way.
- Tertiary degree in Geoscience (minimum)
- Post graduate studies desirable
- Knowledge of orthomagmatic Ni-Cu-PGE and related polymetallic deposits
- Knowledge and experience of the latest geochemical, geophysical and drilling exploration techniques
- Knowledge of GIS analysis, database compilation and 3D geological modelling (e.g. ArcGIS, Geosoft, ioGas, Leapfrog, acQuire)
- Knowledge of the geology of the Cunene Complex is desirable
- Familiarity with Mineral Systems concepts
- A minimum of five years exploration experience
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vivienne Gower
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.